Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate.
If anyone is interested the above software is available on Amazon ( uk ) at the very good price of £39.61.
Could not resist. Ditched Photoshop CC.
Cheers,
Mike.
" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

That's a very good price. But ditching Photoshop might not be that easy because of the extensive plugin support. Plus I think X10 is close to being released. Some of the reviews on Amazon are not encouraging. Find out more about flight delay compensation
True, PSP 2018 has just been released ( £79.99 ). As far as reviews go I tend not to read them, far too easy to fix. There are however some very accomplished photographers on this site who use PSP. That says it all as far as I am concerned.
I am 100% amateur and the costings for Photoshop CC increase to £9.98 per month, in my case, in September. This will be the third increase in the past twelve months.
One more thing vuseshutter, Welcome to the forums and enjoy yourself. ( A name would be good )
Regards,
Mike.
Henri Cartier - Bresson.
When I started digital photography as a serious hobby in 2011, I bought Corel PaintShop Pro mainly because it was half the price of Photoshop Elements.  I have never seen any reason to change.  PSP seems user-friendly to me and does all I want it to do very well, plus much much more that I have yet to discover!  I have upgraded three times, giving me a total cost of about £30 per year.  For anyone interested, other comparisons (and a free trial offer) can be seen by scrolling down the page that appears when you click here:

http://www.paintshoppro.com/en/products/...compare-ps

Cheers.
Philip
I have been using PSP since JASC version 7 was released including Corel's X1 through X9. I currently use PSP X9 Ultimate. Haven't decided to go for X10 yet. PSP is my go to post processing program. I also use Aftershot Pro 3. They both serve me extremely well and integrate together pretty well. Don't get me wrong as I use a bundle of other programs as well. It is fun to see what some of the other programs have to offer. PSP has all that I really need. It is compatible with a huge number of Photoshop plugins (.8bf) from Topaz, AKVIS, Redfield, NIK, etc and I have and use many of them integrated with PSP. PSP is well worth a try. You may be surprised at how well it works, Have a GREAT DAY!
Jeffrey Anderson
Thanks for that Philip and Jeff.
I have ran the Free Trial for 2018 version for five days alongside checking out tutorials for 2018 and X9. In the end I found that I preferred the UI for X9.
As Ed says - To each his own.
Cheers,
Mike.
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

I switched from Photoshop to Affinity Photo, by Serif.

Circa £30, I've found that Affinity Photo to be as good as if not better that PS. One downside is that it takes a little more processing power than PS, but it does have a built in RAW processor. The stacking, focus merging and panorama features are way better than PS.

There is an organiser being built for easy navigation for inclusion in a future update. Updates are free BTW.
Jeff
Looks like we are going to need a Jeff A ( for Jeff Anderson ) and a Jeff ( for Fogey).
Serif software appears to have a good reputation. More to the point Affinity Photo is now available for Windows. Was Mac only.
Price direct from Serif : £48.99.
Thanks for the info Jeff.
Cheers,
Mike
Henri Cartier - Bresson.
I was a PSP user back when it was still a JASC product (94-97, preferred it's workflow to Photoshop back then. It was also Shareware back then and cost $20 to register if I remember correctly. Always was a solid program to use, and a lot of PS plugins will work with it.

I do the full adobe Cloud package as I use the video and document programs with it as well so am too tied to move away from the Creative Cloud.
Reason I use P/S,is that I got it for nothing. !! Ed.
To each his own!
Hey folks. I also use Affinity Pro and find it simple to navigate and it produces brilliant results. As a wedding photographer that is all that matters to the customers. My workload has increased massively and that is purely by word of mouth based on the results. For a relatively small amount for the software the outcomes are excellent. As a result I've taken on apprentice, but its a bit nerve-wracking letting an 18yr old loose with £3.5k of Nikon and someones prized photos.

I shoot only in RAW, and use RawTherapee exclusively. But thanks plus its free. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Ultimate Guide to Buying Used Lenses Jeffbridge 1 2,182 Jul 1, 2014, 05:29
Last Post: ruthbaillie
  Image for Upload - using Paintshop Pro MrB 7 3,807 May 11, 2014, 14:14
Last Post: EdMak