Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pbase

For those of you interested, I've organised some galleries of my stuff at Pbase here: It would be pleasure to have you drop in! Big Grin

ZigsStuffAtPbase

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Nice pics zig... I really like the close up shots of the dragonfly..
God Bless

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1Peter 1:16

Why, thank you sir!

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Cool! How do you find pbase compared to say flickr or smugmug? I was a pbase user when they first came out... were pretty good back then but I dropped out once they started charging...

The dragonfly detail, the swan, self portrait(1), baz... there's a lot to like.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Ta boys!Big Grin

To be honest, Jules, it was Rufus who'd been "hounding" me in a lo-key way to get a PBase a/c; I just followed his recommendation and liked the layout and presentation. I was glad I uploaded before seeing many others' galleries, as I've found there can be a very high standard: I would've been a bit put off.
Price? Well, it's the price per annum of a decent takeaway...and as I've had over 1300 hits in a week, I don't mind this. PBase feels a bit time-honoured: which I like..whereas flickr seems a little, er, "soap-opera tacky" to me. Smugmug? No idea: but with a name like Smugmug, it doesn't do itself any favours like, say "luminous landscape" does in its naming.
Considering how large it is, it's quite friendly, and I like the fact that one can follow someone else's "progress" in so many ways; the stats are cool too.
And I reckon, after having uploaded the best part of a couple of hundred images and only reached a tenth, if that, of my annual quota, there is scope to make of it what one chooses to. I particularly like the fact that with a little work, one's stuff can look very attractive indeed. I've heard a few gripes about the compression..and there are a few annoying tendencies here and there, but I'm glad I took the plunge. It's boosting my confidence a bit too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post