Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Peeps in Perth

Was wondering who's from here and in Perth....
and which church are you guys attending ? Smile

Just recently moved back to Perth..
looking for a house to be rooted in...

Have been to a few over the last few months....

Hi,

Welcome back to Perth Big Grin

I attend a small church called Multicultural Christian Fellowship Perth. We meet in a hall in Morley (almost opposite the Galleria Shopping Centre). Services are at 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM - love to see you there.

Post here or PM if you want more details.

God bless,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Hi Bernard Smile
I'm from Perth Big Grin

I attend Full Gospel Assembly - we meet at 9:30am at Elizabeth Jolley Lecture Theatre in Curtin Smile

Wow weddingshooter! that's near my house! I live in Morley! hehe Big Grin

Hi Chris / Adam,

you guys live the other side of Perth from me....
I'm in the South....
Success to be exact...

some churches i have visited so far are mostly near the South...
(South City, PCLC, Riverview, FCC. NLCC)

: )

I've got friends who go to all those churches Big Grin

hee....

well... cool...
so are you studying or working here?

which church would you recommend me to settle in? (basis the belowSmile
(a) south City
(b) PCLC
© FCC
(d) NLCC

of cse, its still God at the end of the day but just wanna hear from you guys Smile

I'm studying here - well, I live here, was born here! Big Grin

I really don't know how/what to recommend! My friend in South City and NLCC (not sure if he still goes there) are Nikon Users - hope that helps... haha joking joking Smile ummm! It's hard choosing!

For today we had a swap in teachers to give the sermon - our Pastor swapped with FCC pastor. haha Smile

I have not been to any of those churches as I am living in the North of Perth - but I used to attend Bullcreek Church of Christ (a bit closer to yourself). A couple of my friends still attend there. Corner of Burrnedah Blvd and Karel Ave in Bullcreek (9:30 am start).

As for me - I manage the branch office for WA and the NT for a large company as well as running a photography business on the side.

Just to add to my complicated life I am also the Assistant Pastor at Multicultural Christian Fellowship Perth.

The address is 3 Wellington St Morley (we meet in the Scout Hall). Drop in to say hello if you like Adam - I will be at both services this coming Sunday as the Senior Pastor is a having a two week holiday.

Canon stuff.

Hi guys,i would like to know why you all attend church? I for one believe if you follow the10 commandements do no harm to your fellow persons don't steal or harm anyone what is the reason you have for going to church.
These days it seems all the wars in the world are caused by religion, if only everyone acted like me,harm no.one don't steal ,treat your fellow person with respect there would be no need fof churches or war.
But i respect your view if you feel that going to church will help you in life then be it.
regards Raoul

hi hi Raoul....

great topic to chat about...
but i am afraid it will one where answers can only be through personal experiences. (in my opinion, that is)..

hmm.. to start off... for me, why i want to be root myself in a church is for a few reasons as below:
(a) to encourage and be encouraged in a family of ppl (with the same values and beliefs)
(b) God calls us to be in a family where we can build each other up not only spiritually but also physically (in needs)
© its also through the church that one may realise the purpose.. which i do.. Smile

i agree with you to an extent that the Ten commandmants can be a yard stick and if every one is to follow as accordingly, the world may seem to be a better place. It has also been seen lately that, like u said, disputes of religion have resulted in wars.
I do agree and understand where you are coming from and what you are saying.

Hmm.. maybe, i like to draw this analogy...
"Darkness is the absence of light; not that there is no light.
Its also in the darkness that we yearn and strive for light.
how long do you appreciate light till you take that for granted?"

In the midst of troubles/wars, it does not mean there is no God.
Its also in such circumstances where one can only rely on God.
The church is not meant just a place to inculcate "Christian education/values" but its a place where each one of us.. ordinary people can find a belonging and a purpose. The church can be a family where exchanges of blessings take place so as to build one another up.

Its one thing not to make a mess in the World(not to cause harm/steal) but its another to make an effort to love the one who hates you.

~ just some thoughts.....
hope it ain't too long Raoul...

cheers,
bernard

fellowship is one reason Smile

Hi Raoul,

Thanks for your questions.

As for me - church is all about relationship. When you are in love with someone and they with you you want to be with them and they with you. Family is like that - you want to be together, hang out and grow together.

Photography is like that too - we want to be a part of a group like Shuttertalk so that we can learn from each other, share our stories and get better at what we do. We know the basics (like the 10 commandments of photography so to speak) yet we aren't lone rangers with no desire to relate with other photographers right?

I see God as my creator, my father and a guy who sent his son to die for me so that I could relate to him - that is pretty amazing love Smile

I want to relate with him and learn from him, express how much I love him for what he has done for me. Church is a place to do that - especially more contemporary churches have a strong focus on this. I could be a lone christian - but where would the fun in that be? Most of all Church is not the stuffy place that you probably imagine. Some of the churches mentioned in this thread are a thriving place with lots of younger people eager to grow in their relationship with God. Of course their are more traditional churches out there - we all relate to people in our own way and some people feel more comfortable in a more traditional church.

Religion is always a good excuse for a war - but most of the time it is a front for political ideology. However - I totally agree that terrible things have been done in the name of religion. That doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water. Jesus himself was and is considered one of the greatest teachers - no where does he sanction war in his name. His life was all about service and giving up of selfish desires to help others - even his own life.

Real religion is rooted in that. The churches we are involved in spend more time then you could imagine out there helping people with money, goods and their own time. Not to get people into Christianity/church - but simply because they care. While so called "religious" people make war, God weeps.

We are his hands and feet to bring relief to the suffering in this world (suffering caused my man's selfishness) - to reach out and make a difference in other people's lives. That is what real religion and real church is about - banding together for a common purpose of love for God and our "neighbour".

Just one example of this is in Burma today - 50,000 children are involved in war there in some way. The Military Junta is setting about killing, raping and pillaging the ethnic minorities. Villages are burned, landmined and the villages left to hide in the jungle with no food, no school, no work, no shelter and no source for getting any of the above. There is no oil to bring Western governments to save these people who are suffering genocide.

Yet small Christian agencies are supplying food, teachers, medicines and small clinics to help victims of land mines get artificial limbs. As individuals there is very little we can do - but as a church we can make a difference. This is unsung work - which is carried out in very dangerous conditions, in the midst of the jungle. Mainstream media don't want to know about it as religious people doing good work doesn't sell as many papers as religious people starting wars.

If you would like to know more:

www.partnersworld.org

I hope that gives you a bit of insite into Church life for me Raoul - come along one day and say hello. Even if you just want to talk photography over a coffee Wink

God bless,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Thank you bernard,chris and adam for your views,interesting.
Best wishes Raoul

adam...

does your church have a webbie? Wink

championboxer Wrote:adam...

does your church have a webbie? Wink
We have a very old one - not maintained for over a year - but in the process of redesigning and making a new one! Started having meetings about it last week! Smile I'll keep you updated/tell you when it's up Big Grin

Raoul Wrote:Hi guys,i would like to know why you all attend church? I for one believe if you follow the10 commandements do no harm to your fellow persons don't steal or harm anyone what is the reason you have for going to church.
These days it seems all the wars in the world are caused by religion, if only everyone acted like me,harm no.one don't steal ,treat your fellow person with respect there would be no need fof churches or war.
But i respect your view if you feel that going to church will help you in life then be it.
regards Raoul
Good point Raoul - I think those are great values to live by. As Christians though, we believe in salvation through faith in Jesus, which is why good works alone doesn't suffice.

As for going to church - going to church alone doesn't make you holy or saved - faith in God does. However, as the others have pointed out, church gives the opportunity to mix with other believers and strengthen our faith through worship, bible study, prayer, sermons, etc.

Jules

yup yup...

you in a garage every sunday doesn't make you a car Smile

Weekend is coming!!! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Wedding Shooter
Aug 9, 2006, 02:33
Last Post by StudioJ
May 25, 2006, 20:42