Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pen Tablets

Just wondering if anyone uses pen tablets for their digital photography work? I've been interested in getting one, but just wonder whether it's a must-have or just another gadget to take up room on my table? Smile

Pass.
Never used one.

Cave canem

I see people at uni using tablet PC's at uni, looks nice that you can draw on the screen, it'll be like drawing on paper when editing pictures Smile hehe

IT's not a must have, but a nice to have.

i used my frens waicom one once ... costs a bundle .. but its soo nice graphic editing with a tabblet ..
but its not really essential .. unless u feel like mastering the art of aitr brushing ...
otherwise .. good ol mouse will suffice ...

Never used one, Always thought if they were/would be any good, Maybe when I get some spare money to throw around I might -), I am happy with my $20 5 Button Optical for now =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

I have a Wacom Intuos2 4x5 tablet. I am so used to using a mouse that I have a difficult time using the pen. It takes a lot of getting use to. I have found that most people that have gotten use to it, swear by it.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:I have found that most people that have gotten use to it, swear by it.

Yes, it takes some getting used to. I wouldn't use it for ordinary computer work, but for fine retouching and digital painting it can't be beat. I feel it gives much better control.

Hm... now I want to get one... Big Grin

i got a WACOM intuos 6x8...
my brrother took it from his workplace a couple of days ago ...
so hard to control though ~_~ ...
have to move my hand so far to go across the screen ...

but its cool ^__^

Can't you adjust sensitivity or calibration?

shuttertalk Wrote:Can't you adjust sensitivity or calibration?

Yes ... but only by learning to control your wrist movements. Big Grin

I find the 4x5 size completely sufficient for my use, as I make relatively small strokes with the pen. If I need more detail, I will just zoom in further.

I think a larger size tablet would take even more getting used to. The size of the tablet corresponds to your screen, so quite simply a larger tablet takes much more hand movement to get the pointer from one end of the monitor to another.

yeah .. a large one is a pain in the ass ...
have to move hand so much ..

I have one, but i've never used it for any Photo-editing or post processing. I find the mouse is sufficient for my purposes. Smile I guess if you want accuracy and detail, then the pen tablet would be the way to go. Just might need some practice though. =P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Aug 13, 2007, 21:49
Last Post by StudioJ
Oct 20, 2005, 10:08