Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pentax Profits Fall By 42%

Sounds bad, but maybe not all doom and gloom.
Pentax are blaming the fall in profits on a price war and falling sales in compacts. They say they intend to address the issue by concentrating their efforts on the DSLR market with the intention of bringing out 2-3 new models per year. That's good news for Pentax DSLR owners with an investment in Pentax fit lenses as it means we can feel more confident of an upgrade path. "Son of *istd" may be just round the corner!
Big Grin

--NN

noisynoodle Wrote:Sounds bad, but maybe not all doom and gloom.
Pentax are blaming the fall in profits on a price war and falling sales in compacts. They say they intend to address the issue by concentrating their efforts on the DSLR market with the intention of bringing out 2-3 new models per year. That's good news for Pentax DSLR owners with an investment in Pentax fit lenses as it means we can feel more confident of an upgrade path. "Son of *istd" may be just round the corner!
Big Grin

--NN

Good news! I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat here .. and counting my £££ in my savings a/c! Big Grin

Pol

Polly Wrote:[Good news! I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat here .. and counting my £££ in my savings a/c! Big Grin

Pol

I'm thinking I'd better Big Grin pen one!

Most of the camera companies are reporting losses at the moment, the ones that aren't are usually more diversified like Canon and Fuji.

True Bob, it's pretty much Canon and Sony making good coin on digicams, with the rest suffering. Not that their products are bad, but with prices getting more competitive every day, the highest-volume producers have the financial advantage.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by hotglassguy
Dec 3, 2014, 20:45