Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Petworth Gates

[img][Image: 23922449608_0179215cb7_c.jpg]_mg_4785 Gate shadows mono by derek webber, on Flickr[/img]This was taken at Petworth House. Do you prefer mono colour or maybe neither. Comments please.

[img][Image: 37516975230_51de0f61ae_c.jpg]_mg_4785 Gate shadows by derek webber, on Flickr[/img]

Hi Derek

I prefer the colour version, which is unusual for me a I'm a big mono fan. But the gentle shades of the sky, the lawn, and the building work really nicely together. The colour one looks a little straighter, too. In the mono image the building slopes to the left too much, but it looks like you've adjusted it a little for the second. Could maybe use a tad more adjustment, but other than that - lovely!

Derek (Webber), I think both images are very good, the appeal being particularly enhanced by the inclusion of the shadows. Possibly because it is such a graphic subject, I prefer the mono over the colour version...but by only a small margin. Derek (delboy) has mentioned the other main point - the images need straightening. It looks as though there might be a bit of curved pincushion distortion to correct, as well as them needing a slight clockwise rotation.

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks for the reply's. I did straighten the images but looking at them again I can see more work is needed. I prefer the mono image because its more graphic. It was the shadows that attracted me in the first place and they tend to show better in black & white. Derek.