Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Assignments Revisited (2015): Windows & Doors

Windows and doors are portals between two separate worlds. They can lead into a new and mysterious environment, or be the pathway to freedom and life.

Do you have photo shots of windows and doors you are willing to share with us?

Please post them within this thread. We would love to see them!

Members are open to discuss the photos posted within this assignment thread. Big Grin

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(May 29, 2015, 07:43)Barbara G. Wrote:  

Windows and doors are portals between two separate worlds. They can lead into a new and mysterious environment, or be the pathway to freedom and life.

Do you have photo shots of windows and doors you are willing to share with us?

Please post them within this thread. We would love to see them!

Members are open to discuss the photos posted within this assignment thread. Big Grin

Hi, these were taken with my canon 600D.
1 - f5, 1/30 sec. ISO 100, 18mm
2 - f5, 1/60 sec. ISO 100, 35mm
3 - f16, 1/8 sec. ISO 100, 21mm
Last one is a very bright sky, and I cannot seem to change it. Still trying to get to grips with paintshop pro. Any help would be welcome.

Regards
Jane

Attached Files Image(s)

I like these, Jane, particularly the first.

For PaintShop Pro, here is one way to alter the sky in the last one -

Use the Smart Edge Selection Tool, with Feather=2, to select the sky. Then in the Adjust Menu, click on Brightness and Contrast, then Brightness/Contrast - set the Brightness to about -60 and the Contrast to about +30 and click OK. That makes it look like something like this -

(This image has also been rotated clockwise slightly and default Sharpen applied.)

Cheers.
Philip

Church Window & Door

This is the west end of St Peter's Church in St Albans, Hertfordshire, photographed in February 2015:

[ Pentax K-5 IIs; ISO 400; 35mm prime; f/5.6; 1/40s; -2EV; edited in PaintShop Pro X6 ]

Cheers.
Philip

Photoshop Blend Option. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(May 29, 2015, 14:21)MrB Wrote:  Church Window & Door

This is the west end of St Peter's Church in St Albans, Hertfordshire, photographed in February 2015:

[ Pentax K-5 IIs; ISO 400; 35mm prime; f/5.6; 1/40s; -2EV; edited in PaintShop Pro X6 ]

Cheers.
Philip

(May 29, 2015, 14:21)MrB Wrote:  Church Window & Door

Cheers.
Philip

Beautiful photo.
Jane

(May 29, 2015, 14:14)MrB Wrote:  I like these, Jane, particularly the first.

For PaintShop Pro, here is one way to alter the sky in the last one -

Use the Smart Edge Selection Tool, with Feather=2, to select the sky. Then in the Adjust Menu, click on Brightness and Contrast, then Brightness/Contrast - set the Brightness to about -60 and the Contrast to about +30 and click OK. That makes it look like something like this -

(This image has also been rotated clockwise slightly and default Sharpen applied.)

Cheers.
Philip

Thank you Philip. I will pick your brains in a pm if I may?
Regards
Jane

(May 30, 2015, 02:46)snaphappy Wrote:  Thank you Philip. I will pick your brains in a pm if I may?

Regards
Jane

If I am able to help, it would be a pleasure, Jane. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

P.S. Thank you for your comment on the church photo. There is another window in the same church here - http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...#pid101699