Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Special Effects

Just wondering whether anyone plays with photo collages or tools such as Repligator which produces special effects on your images? I think they might be cool, but the novelty might wear off after a while.

I think subtle post processing is always better, and shows more of the technique of the photographer. What do you think?

I've just discovered :
Contrast Masking
Overlaying inverse pictures
and the channel mixer.

that's about all I got at the moment Smile

I am enjoying seeing what these do to my photos. I think for the moment, I'm still about subtle.. I'm not in the class of most on here who can produce amazing post-production effects...

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

I've recently been playing with layers... especially duplicating a layer, making it monochrome and then deleting certain elements to let the color show through.

EnglishBob Wrote:I've recently been playing with layers... especially duplicating a layer, making it monochrome and then deleting certain elements to let the color show through.
Selective Colouring was my first foray into post-processing... see here

Those were done before I understood layers... I would just select what I wanted to keep in colour - invert the selection - convert to greyscale. Layers gives you a much broader range of options...

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

This is my favorite so far.

[Image: normal_Lori%20B%26W.jpg]

That was one of my first type of effects to apply. Here is one of my first images.
[Image: 3534618.Dakota.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:That was one of my first type of effects to apply. Here is one of my first images.

PetDude, try it like this:

[Image: 3534618.jpg]

Just use the url of the pbase page itself and add .jpg; don't link to the image properties.
Cool

Ok, thanks. Does my linkl not show for you? I see it. At first I just thought you liked the larger image. [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:Ok, thanks. Does my linkl not show for you? I see it. At first I just thought you liked the larger image. http://www.portperry.com/bbs/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Well of course bigger is better ( :!!!: ) but no, I just see a red X on your post. If you can see it yourself, it's likely just the the properties URL is in your cache.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59