Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Stories

Since my obsession with photography began I always carry a camera with me. Not a smart phone but a real camera. The reason I do this is because I enjoy shooting impromptu photo stories. You never know when you will happen upon an interesting subject. Photo stories don't have to be elaborate. It just takes one image or an establishing shot with supporting imagery. I don't mind approaching people and asking them if they are interested in being photographed. I know I will feel regret unless I ask. 

For example I was eating at a Chinese Restaurant and a woman was making pork dumplings. I thought she would be interesting to photograph and she was more than happy for me to take her picture. 

Chris

Hi Chris.

That's great. I really like the idea and the execution. I must try and do the same one day (not pork dumplings, but the story...). I have a few ideas for photo stories, but I must look out for some impromptu ones.

Cheers
Derek

Might make some dough with these. Ed.

To each his own!

Well done, Chris. You confirm the old adage that there is always something to photograph!

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

They are well-captured individual images, Chris, and you have made an informative selection for the sequence in the set.

Cheers.
Philip

(Apr 15, 2017, 01:51)delb0y Wrote:  Hi Chris.

That's great. I really like the idea and the execution. I must try and do the same one day (not pork dumplings, but the story...). I have a few ideas for photo stories, but I must look out for some impromptu ones.

Cheers
Derek
Derek,

Thanks for your response. I would love to see your photo stories. Glad I could provide some inspiration. 

Chris

(Apr 15, 2017, 02:49)EdMak Wrote:  Might make some dough with these.  Ed.

Ed,

Thanks for the pun. 

Chris

(Apr 15, 2017, 04:57)MrB Wrote:  They are well-captured individual images, Chris, and you have made an informative selection for the sequence in the set.

Cheers.
Philip
Philip,

Thank you. I'm happy I could tell an interesting story which is my entire goal when I shoot a photo story. 

Chris

(Apr 15, 2017, 03:29)GrahamS Wrote:  Well done, Chris.  You confirm the old adage that there is always something to photograph!
Graham,

Thanks for your great compliment. Hopefully I will inspire photographers on the forum to shoot some photo stories.

Chris

Nicely done.

I compete in monthly photographic competitions and one division we have is Photojournalism, the hard part is you have to try and tell a story in one shot. It isn't a series.

(Apr 16, 2017, 13:53)EnglishBob Wrote:  Nicely done.

I compete in monthly photographic competitions and one division we have is Photojournalism, the hard part is you have to try and tell a story in one shot.  It isn't a series.
Bob,

Thanks for your response. Do you have any work from your stories in one shot you can share? We would love to see them. 

Chris

Since a picture "is worth a thousand words" you have an entire story every time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59