Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo groups

Ermmmm, folks, let's not bark before we can growl. Take it easy....... Wink

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:I think we must prevent access by non members, otherwise people may write stupid things, and rate pictures as 0/5!

Not that I know anyone so silly, of course................. Rolleyes

That can be configured via the admin panel.

But now a more pressing problem with Coppermine -- images loaded into public galleries can't be edited by anyone except for the admin! Rolleyes

Hm... don't make any typos... Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:But now a more pressing problem with Coppermine -- images loaded into public galleries can't be edited by anyone except for the admin! Rolleyes

Hm... don't make any typos... Big Grin
Do we really need the public galleries? Seems kinda redundant - I think that using the galleries as member portfolios makes the most sense... if we want to do theme stuff, we can use the 'Photo Showcase' forum and hotlink to our portfolios... hmmm, does that work? Let's see...
[Image: normal_P1020490_cr4x6.jpg]
Hey cool, seems to work... that means that the gallery doesn't make the showcase redundant - which would be a shame.

Actually, doing what I just did there is a little annoying... and I don't think you can do it if you use IE... I had to use two different URLs, one for the image itself and one for the link... The way I was able to get the image location is Netscape's handy 'Copy Image Location' function... IE has no such option... you have to look at the source code... hmm.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Nice photo! Big Grin

Yeah, true true... I guess benefits of a gallery are that all the photos can be easily seen in one place, without having to traverse through forum structure.

Hm... portfolios...

Let me think some more... Big Grin

Shuttertalk:

I tried to set up a gallery of Photos from a Bus Window (as you sugested). I uploaded some photos but they didn't show up and my gallery has no images. I pressed upload, chose some photos, clicked continue, got a successful upload prompt then nothing was uploaded. What am I doing wrong?

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Hey don... after the successful upload message comes up, you have to click "continue", and that will allow you to assign the photos to albums. It's slightly confusing, I know, but you need to keep going until the end.

Hey I only just noticed this thread because it popped to the top.

I think we have a cool little WA community already Smile

Hey ST if you need anymore space and can link from somewhere else let me know I have a few gig kicking around.

Yeah? That might be an option... let me see if coppermine can support images being stored on another server..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Jul 14, 2020, 09:55
Last Post by Barbara G.
Mar 12, 2020, 04:53