Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photographer or Admirer?

Which do you enjoy more? The pleasure of being on location and taking photos? Or the thrill of perfecting an image and viewing it?

In this order, I think

1. location
2. viewing photos
3. taking the photos
4. perfecting it

shuttertalk Wrote:Which do you enjoy more? The pleasure of being on location and taking photos? Or the thrill of perfecting an image and viewing it?

Definitely being there and snapping.

I like post-processing less and less.

That being said, I do like Painter and what one can do with it to portraits, but that's a bit different.

I like them both. I take pictures for the fun of processing and putting them up. And I take pictures for the feel of the camera and the kick of a capture.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

i like being there and taking the photo..
post processing should only be a minor component or producing a good photo (i wouldnt be able to get really good photos without it though)

I love being there and taking pictures, but... it seems I spend much more time with postprocessing. With a daytime job and the winter season's short days I don't get out much. I actually like the postprocessing too, sometimes it's amazing what you can get out of an average shot.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I like the location first and foremost,
Taking pictures second,
viewing them 3rd,
listening to others commernts on my work next
and post processing the least.

Hey, you must be my twin brother, Craig! Big Grin

My preferences are identical to yours...

I like being somewhere that I see a unique photographic opportunity, sometimes it's not completely convenient to get close enough to capture and that part I like the least but I have been some amazing places where opportunities abound, like the Child of The Sun installation, the largest body of Frank Lloyd Wright work in the world. I have also passed many a happy hour in editing when the creativity gets kickin' - so I guess I am evenly split on this one!
Lori

For me there's a 3rd option that's my favorite, getting to know my subjects...

Since I do humanitarian work I'm always meeting fascinating (to me) people and seeing how they live. I love it, actually I live for it!

I actually enjoy both equally because, when I have a certain image in mind, I do anything for it to resemble the mental picture I have.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post