Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photography: Endgame Heart and Soul

At 73 years of age, having had a Camera in my hands since the age of eight years, I can truly say how much I appreciate the invention of the ability to capture "Places in Time" through the eye of the Camera lens. More than this, I am grateful to God for the amazing human organ we call the "eye" which creates in us the overwhelming desire to remember the wonderful, and the terrible, things we see in our lifetime.

The following photos of my "Camera Display Cabinet", and the photos which decorate it's back wall, are my tribute to the mind which conceived the dark conclaves of the inner workings of the Camera body, through which great light might shine for the balance of history. After all, history is forever captured and protected over time by the results of the determination of that mind.

I choose to display a span of just over 87 years of my family history in photographs as a backdrop for the cameras which took the photographs. There is no correlation between the background photo and the Camera in the display. The baby, the little boy in the tree, and the teenager standing by the 1937 Plymouth (my first car) are all photos of me. There is one photo which includes Patsy Anne McClinney, who would later become Morgan Fairchild. The soldier and the pretty young woman holding me are my Uncle Bob Sego and my Aunt Mary, taken the day he returned from WWII. The two young girls standing by the Lake are my Aunt Mary in the foreground and my mother. Bless my mother for instilling in me the desire to record visible history!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Sep 17, 2017, 03:34
Last Post by MrB
May 7, 2017, 05:12