Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Photography Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the rules before posting in the forums.

Search to see if the topic you are interested in has been posted already.

Create meaningful titles for your posts.

Please complete your posts with your first name, especially if you do not have a signature; this allows other members to address you more personally.

Any photos, content, or links, found that is not family friendly will be deleted.

Be courteous to the moderator and the members in the forums.

Please stay on topic within the threads. Create new threads instead of hijacking existing threads. (For example, if someone has posted a picture in the critique forums, please create your own thread if you as another member are posting one of your own photograph to also be critiqued)

Using all CAPS in sentences is considered shouting in the online world; please refrain from using ALL CAPS.

When replying to a post using the quote option, please make the quote shorter which highlights the portion you are commenting to. When you hit quote, use your cursor to delete unneeded information/photos for the next reader from within the quoted info, especially when the original post is long.

Please remember, the written word lacks individuals seeing each other in person and words can be taken wrong when written with strong boldness.

Note: For future photography contests, we will be asking that posts/comments be held until the end of the contest period.

These rules may be modified from time to time at the discretion of the moderator/administrator to provide the best possible atmosphere in the photography forums.

We desire this to be a place to share, have good clean fun, and learn from each other in the best way possible!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Thanks Barbara

I look forward to joining the discussions.

Steve

Thank you Barbara,

Dave

Quite welcome! Welcome aboard!

Thx Barbara

Tibor

Thanks Barbara looking forward to getting to know the site

Thank you Barbara! I think that I have been guilty of the aforesaid hijacking... Sad

I understood that you replied within that thread and offered your own along with the reply.

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Hi all as a new member I want to use the site correctly and I must admit it do's look at first a little daunting and it's easy to make a mistake as you may have done but hi ho that's life no ones hurt but what I have done is book marked Barbara's guide lines so until I am really familiar with using the forums I can quickly refer to the rules.

Hello,

You all will do just fine, I am sure. The guidelines just helps things flow better in the forums. :0)

Glad to have each of you here!

(Apr 19, 2014, 17:30)Barbara G. Wrote:  Please read the rules before posting in the forums.

Please complete your posts with your first name, especially if you do not have a signature; this allows other members to address you more personally.

Any photos, content, or links, found that is not family friendly will be deleted.

Please stay on topic within the threads. Create new threads instead of hijacking existing threads. (For example, if someone has posted a picture in the critique forums, please create your own thread if you as another member are posting one of your own photograph to also be critiqued)

Using all CAPS in sentences is considered shouting in the online world; please refrain from using ALL CAPS.

When replying to a post using the quote option, please make the quote shorter which highlights the portion you are commenting to. When you hit quote, use your cursor to delete unneeded information/photos for the next reader from within the quoted info, especially when the original post is long.

Please remember, the written word lacks individuals seeing each other in person and words can be taken wrong when written with strong boldness.

Note: For future photography contests, we will be asking that posts/comments be held until the end of the contest period.

These rules may be modified from time to time at the discretion of the moderator/administrator to provide the best possible atmosphere in the photography forums.

We desire this to be a place to share, have good clean fun, and learn from each other in the best way possible!

Noted with thanks Graham

Thanks Barbara, excellent rules to remember.

Peter

Photography is a never-ending journey

thanks Barbara,
I have been viewing the forums but not registered to join in where do I complete my profile?
regards
John

(Apr 20, 2015, 07:18)jalfc Wrote:  thanks Barbara,
I have been viewing the forums but not registered to join in where do I complete my profile?
regards
John

Hello,

At the upper left hand side of the web page, you should see an option which says User CP - this is where you can add info. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,
Barbara

Thank You Barbara. I look forward to logging in to Shuttertalk every day. Looks like a very informative and user friendly photography forum.

(Nov 21, 2015, 22:52)AdenSmith Wrote:  Thank You Barbara. I look forward to logging in to Shuttertalk every day. Looks like a very informative and user friendly photography forum.

Welcome to the site and nice to have you here. Let us know if you have need of anything!

Hi Barbara, I'm new to this sort of thing so if I trip up catch me plse.
Thank you it looks like a really good site.

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

(Apr 2, 2016, 16:09)Dougson Wrote:  Hi Barbara, I'm new to this sort of thing so if I trip up catch me plse.
Thank you it looks like a really good site.

Hello,

You are welcome here! I am not the expert when it comes to photography, just the grounds keeper, so to speak.Big Grin

If you have questions, feel free to post them and there are members who enjoy helping who know way more than I do. Cool

Thanks!

Thank You Barbara, very helpful.
Bob Hutter
Dayton, Ohio

Thanks Barbara

(Jul 4, 2017, 00:33)Joe Beard Wrote:  Thanks Barbara

You are welcome! Glad to have you here!

(Jan 9, 2015, 08:17)Graham Glasgow Wrote:  
(Apr 19, 2014, 17:30)Barbara G. Wrote:  Please read the rules before posting in the forums.

Noted with thanks Graham

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 15, 2020, 10:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 13, 2020, 18:54