Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photography Projects

Working on projects in photography is a good way to have always something to shoot on and it's useful in order to move off your skills, instead of selecting the old photos and feeling uninspired.
Listed below there are three, in my opinion, interesting exercises to try, I am looking forward to read your opinion about and discover which are yours!

N°1 From the chest

Shooting from the chest is an interesting starter point for a street photography project. Leave your camera hanged up from your neck and start shooting without looking through the viewfinder. The results would be genuine candid photos from a weird perspective. Another tip is take a note of the location, the date and repeat this project for a longer period.

N°2 Portraits of Strangers

Choose a crowded point of your city, a square, a street or a metro stop.
Stand in a specific point and start shooting to the people with a wide angle objective ( at least 35 mm). Try to collect as much portrait as you can. This is an amazing train to fight the shyness!

N°3 Your favourite place

This is like browsing the pages of a secret diary. Everyone of us have a favourite place, this could be a magic corner in a garden, a backyard or a dusty attic.
The project consist in describe your feelings about that specific place through the lens of you camera. Try to share that feeling and try to tell with an image what makes that place special for you.

Great information! Thank you for sharing with us! You are also more than welcome to post some examples you have taken for the members to see as well!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Sep 18, 2014, 03:54)valentinadibe Wrote:  Working on projects in photography is a good way to have always something to shoot on and it's useful in order to move off your skills, instead of selecting the old photos and feeling uninspired.
Listed below there are three, in my opinion, interesting exercises to try, I am looking forward to read your opinion about and discover which are yours!

N°1 From the chest

Shooting from the chest is an interesting starter point for a street photography project. Leave your camera hanged up from your neck and start shooting without looking through the viewfinder. The results would be genuine candid photos from a weird perspective. Another tip is take a note of the location, the date and repeat this project for a longer period.

Stand in a specific point and start shooting to the people with a wide angle objective ( at least 35 mm). Try to collect as much portrait as you can. This is an amazing train to fight the shyness!

N°3 Your favourite place

This is like browsing the pages of a secret diary. Everyone of us have a favourite place, this could be a magic corner in a garden, a backyard or a dusty attic.
The project consist in describe your feelings about that specific place through the lens of you camera. Try to share that feeling and try to tell with an image what makes that place special for you.
HI Valentina,

Interesting ideas, but in some cities, number 2 could get you an unexpected poke in the face, especially for a guy photographer. I guess if one used a remote and silenced the shutter, few would notice.Angel

(Sep 20, 2014, 14:01)Pegger3D Wrote:  
(Sep 18, 2014, 03:54)valentinadibe Wrote:  Working on projects in photography is a good way to have always something to shoot on and it's useful in order to move off your skills, instead of selecting the old photos and feeling uninspired.

N°1 From the chest

N°3 Your favourite place

HI Valentina,

Interesting ideas, but in some cities, number 2 could get you an unexpected poke in the face, especially for a guy photographer. I guess if one used a remote and silenced the shutter, few would notice.Angel

(Sep 20, 2014, 14:03)Pegger3D Wrote:  
(Sep 20, 2014, 14:01)Pegger3D Wrote:  

N°1 From the chest

N°3 Your favourite place

HI Valentina,

PS: You could actually combine No1 and No2 using a remote.Idea

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post