Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wedding Car

Any thoughts on this picture, what could be improved?
[Image: weddingcarbysicklittlemonkey3x.jpg]

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

hi

i really like the shot, and i agree it needs something else.

is very distracting the green at the front.thats all. so maybe a crop?

christian

I would agree with a crop.

A tighter crop helps to focus the viewer on the details of the car - particularly the rear view mirror and fender.

In a perfect world, there would be a reflection of something wedding-related in the rear view mirror - but it is very small so that would be a tricky setup.

I can't give any advice about the crop in this picture... Somehow I like it as it is, but also I see why the crop is suggested and I like the idea as well... Sorry not much help about this...

What I see is missing is something related with the wedding as Toad mentioned al ready... It might sound crazy but I just thought about having the couple in the background as if they were walking to the garden...?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I think it's a very unusual perspective... it's not wide enough to make out the overall shape, and not close in enough to isolate any subjects that stand out in the picture.

I think I would have prefered it if it was taken from a lower angle, so that you were about the same height as the mirror

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I think this would be nice as a highlight in an album.

To be perfect you could have got the Bride and Groom to stand so they are reflected in the window and a slightly lower perspective.

The background would be better if the DOF was less - more blur.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

needs me in the back, with a glass of champagne

"And after it rains theres a rainbow, but all the colors are black. It's not that the colors aren't there, it's imagination we lack"

It's an interesting and unusual photograph. I realize that you don't have much/any control over the background, but it needs some help. Lacking a secondary subject for the picture, you can still reduce the impact of the bright green by darkening it and lightening the midtones of the car.

I'd also say you should watch the origin of your lines and the edges of your frame. Some subtle changes in camera position could provide a more pleasing and unified composition. I'm thinking specifically about the window with one corner clipped at the top of the frame, and the chrome detail at the bottom. Also, the mirror is drawing a lot of attention to itself, but there's nothing to see in it. This would be a great place to catch a reflection of the bride, or lacking that, something more neutral in tone.

One thing that I don't see is your reflection. That's quite an accomplishment in itself.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks for all your comments and sugguestions, maybe I could Photoshop something into the mirror, although I don't know if I have the skills for that Tongue

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

There is no real indication that it is a wedding car? Ed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 30, 2013, 09:40
Last Post by Banded Drake
Dec 11, 2006, 18:46
Last Post by Schellamo
Oct 20, 2006, 21:08