Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

London Town

Hi all

Got any shots of London you would like to share? I'm thinking UK, but Ontario or anywhere else there is a London would be great.

Here's HMS Belfast close to Tower Bridge.

Regards all

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

From a time when ships 'were' ships and looked like ships. Reminds me of my childhood when living opposite RN Naval Base Devonport & HMS Drake. She's a beautiful old girl, that's for sure, and the picture is super as well Jeff. One to be proud of. It'd look great blown up on a large print.

Regards.

Phil.

Hi Freeman, by pure coincidence see "photo showcase",great pic,excellentSmile

SmileJohn

Some photos of London taken with my Samsung SM-G900F phone camera in 2014

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice collection of photographs, Jane. The one of Westminster is a cracker.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

One more Smile
Jane

Attached Files Image(s)

(Mar 24, 2016, 12:59)Jocko Wrote:  Nice collection of photographs, Jane. The one of Westminster is a cracker.

Thank you John. I took in August 2014 when I had a trip on the London Eye. Fantastic view from up there.
Jane

I like that one. Talk about "Dazzle" camouflage.

Here I have squared up Tower Bridge, a bit.

ExcellentSmile
now how about a shutter talk day out in London?

SmileJohn

John - My choice is easy - your London eye capsules image is already hugely atmospheric and has good potential using some lifting of the shaded areas of the capsules and a look at the sky, including reducing highlights. A challenge for some of the chaps perhaps....

London - now there's a thought. Long way for some! But let's see who responds....not out of the question for some of us perhaps...All the best

Jeff

Here's a couple of my last visit to London... before I moved to the USA and taken in 2000 with a 1mp kodak... horribly noisy and soft.

Here are some of mine:

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Beautiful images, Graham.

(Mar 24, 2016, 13:32)caveman Wrote:  ExcellentSmile
now how about a shutter talk day out in London?

Great idea, but only in nice weather, which means June and June is tourist season so you have to put up with this:

But that makes it all the more of a challenge.

GrahamS

(Mar 26, 2016, 08:23)Jocko Wrote:  Beautiful images, Graham.
Thanks, John.

GrahamS

(Mar 25, 2016, 04:46)Freeman Wrote:  John - My choice is easy - your London eye capsules image is already hugely atmospheric and has good potential using some lifting of the shaded areas of the capsules and a look at the sky, including reducing highlights. A challenge for some of the chaps perhaps....

London - now there's a thought. Long way for some! But let's see who responds....not out of the question for some of us perhaps...All the best

Jeff

It was my London Eye capsule photo, not John's lol. What do you think of this one? I have been fiddling with it a bit.
Jane

Attached Files Image(s)

(Mar 26, 2016, 09:10)snaphappy Wrote:  
(Mar 25, 2016, 04:46)Freeman Wrote:  John - My choice is easy - your London eye capsules image is already hugely atmospheric and has good potential using some lifting of the shaded areas of the capsules and a look at the sky, including reducing highlights. A challenge for some of the chaps perhaps....

Jeff

It was my London Eye capsule photo, not John's lol. What do you think of this one? I have been fiddling with it a bit.
Jane

Or this one?
Jane

Attached Files Image(s)

(Mar 26, 2016, 10:34)snaphappy Wrote:  
(Mar 26, 2016, 09:10)snaphappy Wrote:  

Jeff

Jane

Or this one?
Jane

Oops, just noticed the nasty dark line. Sorry }( Back to the drawing board
Jane

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by danmdan
Mar 26, 2016, 18:22