Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

two unsure shots

The other day me and the wife tried to nail a picture of us, below is the results.
Other from my expression what would you have done ? I personally feel the image could use a little more smiles lol. but im even ugglier smiling...Rolleyes

[Image: ps.jpg]

Here is a goof shot of me, not much to add. LOL

[Image: sun.jpg]

l
ight:
4 strobes, for softboxes. 2 on bg, and 2 on subject

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Oh, yeah, the goof shot definitely works -- loads of attitude... very nice! Big Grin

You should be shooting for Calvin Klien. I think the first is great. No faults that I could see. #2 however, I think different shades. Those are too large and I don't like the fact I can see you eye's behind them. Still, stick with a wrap around attitude biker style shade. Those seem a bit flashy.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

heheh :-)

Thanxt Jules.Big Grin

Colin, yea that wouldnt be to bad now would it ? Tongue

as for the shades, what can i say ? im a flashy guy... LOLBig Grin no seriously i hear ya. I agree eyes shouldnt be visible at all. Ill try diffrent shades, whenever i get the courage to get up there again. After seeing my brother doing quite well. Im somewhat put off LOL

Here is thread with his first studio shoot.
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6037

/Paul L.

Paul - I don't know what you wanted to achieve with the shot of the two of you. But as you are asking I think the lack of smiles and the lack of background make this look like a shoot for a magazine.

Posing is fine - but the lack of expression on the faces (particularly your wife's face) distract from the intimacy of the pose.

You look like you are both trying to hard - not relaxed.

Lighting is fine - although a little more shadow definition in the face might help add something.

The goof shot is great.

Canon stuff.

Well the "look/pose" i was trying for, was indeed a magazine look, but i had no models so me and the wife had to stand in. Wink

But offcourse i wanted to convey some sort of intimacy and i realise we both failed to deliver that thru our expressions lolTongue More or less iv wanted to try the pose and get a magazine look of a couple looking like they at least liked each other . Big Grin

Will have to try it with a couple, its way too hard to run back and forth and try to nail the timer, not to talk about looking good infront of the camera. .-)

Thanx for looking Chris. Much appreciated.

/Paul L.

I like the pose... but agree you both don't look relaxed... I see that your expression and specially your look is more tender than your wife's.. I think a trace of smile on her would be nice... The colors on the clothes match nicely but your t-shirt has too many folds I think...

In the second one... the reflection on the glasses bothers me a bit... Maybe if the reflection were all white or all dark would be better...

Hope this help... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Paul.R.Lindqvist Wrote:Will have to try it with a couple, its way too hard to run back and forth and try to nail the timer, not to talk about looking good infront of the camera. .-)
Try with a remote control.. and she could trigger with her hand behind you, when she feels comfortable and relaxed... Smile

I don't know if I am saying something wrong here, but I think to get into the mood for this picture you need to work a bit like bringing her a bunch of flowers and perhaps taking a glass of wine while you are doing the photo session, lovely and romantic music... and of course the kids must be already in bed Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

It really is a great pose, so I'd try again with the two of you, as Irma said, lighten the mood a bit, as you both look a bit stressed and a remote (or someone to push the trigger once you've set everything up how you like it) would probably help to. That being said, I think you did a fantastic job seeing as you had to run back and fourth! I've tried this in an attempt to get a family portrait with me in it, and it never ever works as well as what you've got here!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I personally do not like the white background. It reminds me of shots of my band in the 60s. very dated.
Sorry.
Also it is very hard on your eyes.
The single shot of you with the shades...What can I say, If you dont like your eyes, ( and I am a normal male of 68 years, who does not tell a man that he has beautiful eyes) then put a paper bag over your head and do it properly.
You are a very handsome guy with a very pretty wife, and kids, so show it.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Irma and schell: Thanx, i will keep that in mind next time. Big Grin

NT73:Thanx for the comments and critique.

/Paul L.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post