Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Picasa Web Albums

I'm looking for a good place to put my images online and share them with friends. I really like Picasa and the web albums. Not a big fan of Flikr. But do Picasa web albums protect your images? I don't want to post them and have people steal them and claim them as their own.
So is Picasa safe?
If not, does anyone know of a good and free water marking program?

Thanks for the help!

I don't know about programs to make watermarks, if you use photoshop you could do an action for that.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

On line images sites.....Facebook....Photobucket...both seem to be popular. I think they both have bult in protection as to who can view.
If you put any pic on an open forum, such as shuttertalk, anyone can steal your images. I have some on my own free webspace and only send the link to relatives or friends. This does not mean you guys are not my friends Tongue Just the shots for family are not so hot. Big Grin

Load them into jalbum and stick em on with commander or coffecup.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hello Bermudamatt,
I also love Picassa, it is very reliable, secure and fast, but i have already uploaded many pics on thats so there is no space left to
add and new images. So i search for some other website which is reliable and secure like picassa, and I got a website called myalbum.
You receive 500mb free storage space which is enough for free, and there is another good feature that you can decide yourself
who you want to give permission to view you photos. So your all the personnel photos will be secure on this website. Try using this
site I am loving it and hope you will find it useful, let me know.

Bah. Stealing is the most sincere form of flattery. Are you selling your images for big $? Be happy that people like them. You either don't publish your stuff online and get zero exposure or you do it and trust to the free market to recognize your brilliance.

I post many images online (I have my own web server) and I just make sure not to post anything bigger than 1024*768, even printing at 72 DPI they aren't going to make a postcard with that. I am not really bothered by people using them, it does bother me when they link to my image and steal my bandwidth, but I have ways to deal with those.... (switch the image out for something inappropriate is my favorite Big Grin)

Picasa, imageshack, and flickr are some online storage places i can think of. Photobucket also seems popular.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Petographer
Jun 15, 2006, 23:31