Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Picked up my new 5D2 today.

Hi Everyone,

I received the lovely call form my camera store today saying that they had a 5D Mark II ready for me Smile

Battery charging as I type.

I have a wedding on the 13th so will try and post some pics from that.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

$% TRDFG$%^$W%YTFSTDY N$%^Y$%^$W%^$WTRESRTET!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe... congrats Chris! You must be stoked! Big Grin It's not enough that you buy a new water cooler - you have to accessorise it with a 5D2 as well! Wink
Where are the sample pics?

I'm jealous.... My pre-order with Team Digital got mixed up and after being originally told I was #2 in the list, I got moved down to #10!
So I cancelled that order and now have an order with Camera Land (who are cheaper and I'm in a similar queue)... but either way I'm not expecting it before Christmas. Sad

So you'd better get out there and make the most of it. Unless of course you'd like to exchange it for something.... I know somebody who'd swap it for a basket of old strobes and maybe some polaroid sheet film. Big Grin

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Haha Adrian Smile It is beautiful.

The screen blows you away and the amount of detail you can see really helps with sharpness checking.

It has a really quiet shutter and feels really solid in your hands. The dial is better and the top LCD is bigger with big numbers so it is really easy to read.

ISO 1600 is amazing and ISO 6400 is totally usable.

Haven't put anything on the computer yet.

Will try and post samples ASAP.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

I got a phone call from Camera Land on Friday afternoon saying they had my 5D2 ready to come and pick up! woohoo!
Needless to say, 20 minutes later I found myself walking out of their shop with a new camera in my hot little hands and a big grin on my face.

I went down to Tina's family farm for the weekend for her mum's 50th birthday. While I did get a chance to do a bit of shooting, it wasn't really much of a controlled situation - just a few party shots and so on.
I'll be sure to get out and take some photos to post soon though...

And as for my initial thoughts.... the files this camera produces are nothing short of stunning! It really has lived up to the hype so far.
I'm also having a blast playing with the video. There is a lot of learning ahead of me but I'm really looking forward to it.

Because the on-board mic is pretty ordinary, I've ordered a Rode VideoMic which mounts to the flash hot-shoe and captures much better audio, and I've also ordered a Zoom H2 hand-held surround sound recorder which will allow me to remotely capture audio and then sync it with the video on the PC later.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Congrats you two! Looks like Christmas came early for some... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 11, 2013, 09:18