Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pictures from Earth...

I took this pictures inspired by the memories of those satellite images one see on television showing our planet... These are pictures of one of my dearest trees near the lake. It has been dead already for few years and what I love the most is to see that even it is laying there in the middle of the forest, giving a sad impression, when you come closer and you start exploring the wood, you find so much life on it... Smile I tend to think that he died to give life to others, this makes to me the scene more comfortable. This tree has given me some very beautiful pictures. I am sure I have posted some already here. This is a new series.

"Planet Earth"

[Image: IMG_5307-Edit.jpg]

"Black Hole"

[Image: IMG_5571-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for looking, I hope you like them.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

But of course! Great! Lovely imagination and vision....
My, I am really getting quite inspired by you all of late. Thank you!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Fascinating images, the second one especially could pass for a high-altitude landscape photo. Excellent seeing and very nicely done.

I've heard that a fallen tree will support a variety of life for many, many years, making them very important for the health of the forest. Unfortunately the parks here are heavily groomed and managed, because now I'd like to go find one…

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I think that you are saying something important here. Intellectually, we all know that there is a cycle whereby living things exist for a while and then are recycled back into the fold. Trees understand this, and so they live forever in a more holistic sense.

What I like is that you have taken that theme and raised the stakes by presenting the cycle as satellite imagery. Bravo!

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

Matthew, I hope you find one, sometimes I see this tree as a kid would see a sand box ... Wink

Paul Cezanne

I can see the similarity of clouds and land in No 1., with the astronauts photo of 'The Blue Planet', as well as Matthew and Toad's description of satellite imagery. Well discovered Irma.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

These are great

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

NT73 Wrote:I can see the similarity of clouds and land in No 1., with the astronauts photo of 'The Blue Planet', as well as Matthew and Toad's description of satellite imagery. Well discovered Irma.Smile
Yes NT, that was the idea in #1. I tried to work this picture only with blue but it didn't work very well. I was a bit sad because I couldn't make it work... I think you just gave me the title of my picture....

Thanks!

Don, I am very happy you liked them.

Paul Cezanne

Great vision Irma.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post