Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dual monitor setup

Hey just wondering if anyone has a dual montior setup (i.e. two monitors hooked up to one PC)? My dad was just wondering how to put together such a setup for his share trading activities...

Would you need a graphics card with two monitor outputs? (His doesn't) Or would you need some other fancy solution?

TIA!

hi

i do not, but i friend has.

http://www.ehow.com/how_13829_connect-two-monitors.html

regards

christian

The best bet is two graphic cards (these days) unless you have a twinhead card (I'm sure others do it) but they are normally one CRT and one LCD output. You can get the twin DVI ones as well but it depends on what monitors he already has.

I have it setup for three monitors now (after I got my 21" monitors off of E-Bay) one is LCD and the other 2 are CRT's running off of two GF3 standard cards.

Cool thanks for the tips guys.

Jamie - do your cards have one or two outputs each? How do you get 3 monitors hooked up (if they only have one)?

I've got a feeling my dad wants to get a second computer... Big Grin

Would you think running two computers would be easier vs running a comp with dual screens? Methinks a KVM (or at least KM) splitter would be essential for 2 comps...

They both have two outputs 15 pin DSUB & DVI so I'm only using three. Two computers works ok, you can run one as a server and keep the other one a bit more isolated from the net.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post