Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pocket Phojo - photo management on the go

I just saw this post from pocketpcthoughts, regarding Pocket Phojo - software which runs on a pocketpc which can be used as part of a solution to edit, caption and transmit photos on the go. I suppose it would be ideal for photojournalists or sports shooters...

Quote:Pocket Phojo 4.0 has unique new features designed for covering large events such as the World Cup, where it was used to great effect. Simply connect your Pocket PC to your Canon 1D Mark II, Mark II N, or 1Ds Mark II via USB, take your photos as normal, then all you have to do is press the Protect button on the back of the camera to transmit a fully captioned and press ready image via WiFi, Bluetooth Phone, or BGAN satellite modem, while you keep shooting! Pocket Phojo has become an extremely powerful yet easier to use alternative to the Canon WFT-E1 WiFi transmitter, and greatly extends the capabilities of the supported cameras.

"The new Phojo 4 setup I was using at the World Cup was truly amazing" said The Guardian's Dan Chung. "I set the Pocket PC to automatically transfer pictures I had tagged to the Guardian picture desk without me having to touch a button! We used FTP and connected to the web using pitch side ethernet or 3G mobile phone. It gave a significant advantage not having to worry about fiddling around on a laptop, leaving me free to concentrate on the action."
Sounds pretty awesome - some nice piccies after the jump. Bit pricy though, for the software alone... :|

http://www.idruna.com/pr_pocketphojo4launch.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59