Philip

A cracker Philip. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you, Ed. Smile

Philip

Can you tell what this is, anyone? Taken on Easter Monday...Regards, Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

St Albans Abbey

These photos were taken on 29/12/2015, using a Pentax K-S2 DSLR in Av Mode, with a Tamron 17-50 zoom lens:

1. Eastern Elevation:

[ ISO 200; f=24mm; f/5.6; 1/640s ]

2. Structure and Materials, Shapes and Textures:

[ ISO 200; f=30mm; f/8; 1/400s ]

3. The Nave - East End:

[ ISO 400; f=38mm; f/8; 1/80s; -0.7EV ]

4. The Nave - West End

[ ISO 200; f=38mm; f/4; 1/80s; -0.7EV ]

[ These images are JPEGs from the camera, with adjustments made in PaintShop Pro X8. ]

Cheers.
Philip

Excellent series Philip. Love the interior shots.
Mike.

Excellent Philip. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you, Mike and Ed. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

I posted a comment here, yesterday, but along with a few more posts I made, it has disappeared. I commented on how difficult it is to get a correct exposure for stained glass windows, balancing between getting the window nicely exposed, and the interior correctly exposed. These are photographed very well.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Jan 30, 2016, 13:42)Jocko Wrote:  I posted a comment here, yesterday, but along with a few more posts I made, it has disappeared. I commented on how difficult it is to get a correct exposure for stained glass windows, balancing between getting the window nicely exposed, and the interior correctly exposed. These are photographed very well.

I have not deleted any posts recently. Hmm...not sure why they disappeared. If you see anything strange, please let me know so I can let the admin know. Thanks!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Thank you, John. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

This is the Chapel to the residence of the Duke of Sutherland at the Trentham Estate.
Nikon D3300 + Tamron 70 - 300mm.
1/500 @ f/10 ISO 200 110mm.

[Image: Chapel.jpg]

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Doomed to Disappear.
What remains of the 180 - year - old Trentham Hall. Former residents include the Dukes of Sutherland, the Duke of Suffolk and the Earl of Gower.
The future looks grim as restoration costs for the Grade 11 listed building top
£40 million.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

All Saints Church, Bisham.

This building is on the banks of the Thames, about half-a-mile along the river from the bridge at Marlow in Buckinghamshire, and it was photographed in cloudy-bright light yesterday afternoon.

As the churchyard is surrounded on the other three sides by trees and other buildings, and I had only a 40mm prime lens with me, these images are composites.

The first is three shots and the second is four, stitched in the free software Microsoft Image Composite Editor, and then adjusted in PaintShop Pro X8.

Both sets were taken at ISO 200, f/5.6, and -1 EV, the first at 1/160s and the second at 1/250s.

Any comments always welcome.

Great job on the stitching, would never of guessed.

Thank you, Craig.

Microsoft ICE is a great piece of free software for image stitching, and so easy to use.

Cheers.
Philip

St Mary's Church, Eaton Bray, Bedfordshire.

28th December 2016; Pentax K-70 (APS-C DSLR) and Tamron 10-24mm wide zoom lens; hand-held in natural light; camera JPEGs adjusted in PaintShop Pro X8.

1. Church exterior shot at ISO 200, 16mm, f/5.6, and 1/400s.

2. Church interior shot at ISO 1600, 10mm, f/5.6, and 1/30s.

3. Stained-glass window taken at ISO 200 and 19mm using in-camera 3-shot HDR, based on f/5.6, 1/50s, and -1EV.

Any comments always welcomed.

Cheers.
Philip

St Albans Cathedral:

It is about a year ago that I posted some photos of the Cathedral here. On Monday I returned to take some more. Here are three of those, taken with a Pentax K-70 and a 21mm prime lens. All are JPEGs from the camera, with adjustments in PaintShop Pro X8

1. Looking towards the South Transept in glorious sunshine at about midday. Auto ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/500s.

2. Looking up at the huge Rose Window - uncorrected verticals to give a sense of height. Auto ISO 1000, f/5.6, 1/50s, -0.7EV.

3. An orchestra rehearsing in the Nave for an evening concert. Auto ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/50s, -0.7EV.

Cheers.
Philip

Nicely done, I find the light in churches is usually so hard to work with.

Thank you, Craig.

Philip

Exeter Cathedral:

[attachment=7097]

This was captured hand-held in a Pentax K-3 (APS-C DSLR) with a 28-105 zoom at 28mm, as two colour images (top and bottom), which were then stitched in Microsoft ICE on the PC.  The composite was then converted to mono in Nik Silver Efex, applying the Preset 005 High Structure (harsh).  It was then cropped to 5:4 and a few more adjustments applied in PaintShop Pro X9 to complete this image.

Any comments welcome.

Cheers.
Philip

Very nicely done, I like it.

Thank you for your comments, Craig.  Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Effective Philip.  Some day as a exercise, clone out the people!  Cheers.  Ed.

To each his own!