Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Practicing Digital Photography: Trees, Trees, & More Trees (Thread Two)

Philip,

Another great photograph from you.Smile The exposure is spot on, as I can almost feel the texture of the peeling bark. Congratulations on a job well done.

Regards.

Phil.

Thank you, Phil.

Philip

Here is my entry. It has an eerie feel to. Th reflection gives one a sense of real mirroring the unreal. The busyness of the photo gives a sense of chaos.

[attachment=2839]

Attached Files Image(s)

New Growth

These photos of new tree growth were recorded along a Hertfordshire country Lane yesterday evening (24/04/2014). For the first the background is a field of cereal plants, and the second is set against a grey sky. Both are hand-held shots in Aperture Priority mode using a Pentax K-5 II at ISO 800, with a standard zoom lens at 40mm. The images were processed in Corel PaintShop Pro X6.

[ f/8, 1/60s ]

[ f/8, 1/100s, +2EV ]

Cheers.
Philip

(Jan 29, 2014, 20:22)Tom G Wrote:  
(Jan 29, 2014, 19:04)manspam Wrote:  [quote='Tom G' pid='93080' dateline='1390949508']
[quote='manspam' pid='93077' dateline='1390946348']
[quote='Tom G' pid='93045' dateline='1390874713']
Too close for my taste. I suggest more background or make it Macro - or something ???

Both very nice shots; the color in the first one is outstanding and the stark silhouette of the second against the sky is also very good. Perhaps the cars in the first shot should be cropped out. They seem to detract.

Thank you Tom. I actually cropped out a parking sign on the left side of the picture and debated about the cars. This is a beautiful park, and a great place to walk my dog. Here's a couple for you without signs, cars, or detractions.

Hey Manspam, These are quite excellent. The contrast of colors and the shadows are superb. Don't know what else to say, but these are worthy of framing.

Tom G,

I haven't been on this site for awhile and just now noticed your last comment. Thank you so kindly for your generous compliment and words of encouragement...you made my day!

Pam (aka manspam)

The Lightning Tree

I found this old dead tree in the Hertfordshire countryside and it reminded me of lightning.

The image was recorded in colour on a bright sunny day, using a Pentax K-5 II, and then processed in PaintShop Pro X6. First it was converted to mono using the infrared conversion tool, and then it was changed into a negative image. There were also some adjustments of brightness, contrast and sharpening along the way.

Cheers.
Philip

Striking. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jun 19, 2014, 00:53)EdMak Wrote:  Striking. Ed.

Big Grin !!

Thank you, Ed.

Philip

Looks like a still, taken from a 'Hitchcock' movie. Spooky or what?

Regards.

Phil.

Thank you, Phil - good point.

Cheers.
Philip

Looking Up...

...at the remains of a dead tree in the grounds of Hughenden Manor, Buckinghamshire...

or...

Pentax K-5 II, 40mm prime lens, f/16, 1/100s, ISO 200. Processed in PaintShop Pro X6.

Cheers.
Philip

http://www.shuttertalk.com/gallery/displ...p?pid=1889

Cypresses. Lake Douglas, Georgia, USA. Nikon P7000.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Sep 1, 2014, 14:21)dwbooker Wrote:  Cypresses. Lake Douglas, Georgia, USA. Nikon P7000.

That's a magnificent photograph. It should be printed LARGE and hung in a public building for many persons to enjoy.

Very well done, for creating an impressive piece of art.

Regards.

Phil.

(Sep 1, 2014, 19:08)Phil J Wrote:  
(Sep 1, 2014, 14:21)dwbooker Wrote:  Cypresses. Lake Douglas, Georgia, USA. Nikon P7000.

That's a magnificent photograph. It should be printed LARGE and hung in a public building for many persons to enjoy.

Very well done, for creating an impressive piece of art.

Regards.

Phil.

I really like it too.

Thank you very much, Phil! Sometimes it just works and this is one of my favorites.

Cracker, but, as Phil says, an A3, at least, to do it real justice. Ed.

To each his own!

Wood-wind Quartet

On many occasions, we have heard judges at our local camera club say that, where there is more than one of an item as the subject of the image, there should be an odd number. But nature doesn't know that rule! These trees were photographed in St Albans Verulamium Park on a sunny December day, 28/12/2016:

[ Pentax K-5 IIs; ISO 160; Tamron 17-50 zoom at 28mm; f/8; 1/100s; +1EV; a JPEG from the camera adjusted in PaintShop Pro X8 ]

Cheers.
Philip

That I do like. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you, Ed. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

(Jan 27, 2016, 05:15)MrB Wrote:  On many occasions, we have heard judges at our local camera club say that, where there is more than one of an item as the subject of the image, there should be an odd number.

You learn something every day. A really impressive image.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Thank you, John.

Cheers.
Philip

[Image: kd6a8m.jpg]

three trees,oak bottom right,laurel top left,scots pine middle

An intreeguing image. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Boom boom.

Yes. definitely an interesting image.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".