Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Practicing Digital Photography: Wild & Tame Animals

Here is your opportunity to post some of the photos you have taken of wild and tame animals. They can be from any time of the year.

Post some general information such as the type of camera you used, settings used, as well as info about the setting if you can for the other members.

Feel free to add to the thread as you like and have fun practicing your digital photography skills!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Hi
This wild critter scared all the childeren in Morocco last month.
Angel
Regards
john

this critter scared all the childeren last month in Morocco.
regards
John

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you for posting in this thread. I love the color of the flower and the detail!

Thanks babs
john

(Dec 12, 2013, 07:45)Barbara G. Wrote:  Thank you for posting in this thread. I love the color of the flower and the detail!

1/640th@F6.3. Sony a290. 200mm Tamron Zoom lens. ISO 100. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Edmac
Wondereful shot , did you do any post work on it ?
John

(Dec 12, 2013, 13:55)EdMak Wrote:  1/640th@F6.3. Sony a290. 200mm Tamron Zoom lens. ISO 100. Ed.

Yes, but at that stage 2010, my Photoshop knowledge was, not a lot, concentrated then on Levels and Sharpening. Conditions were excellent, does help. Thanks. Ed.

Stupendous, Ed, that's the only word for it stupendous. Just to think, the audacity I had in posting my first picture of a Swan. Sad It makes me want to curl up into a ball and roll off somewhere, like a cliff.

Phil.

When I was working on my Radiology (x-ray) degree in 1990-1992, there was a tech who called me babs. That was funny to see you call me that jon - brought back some memories there! LOL

Phil, I am delighted I cannot show you a lot of my "attempts" in 1950, they are all went into the bucket, sure we sometimes had to get a special uplift. Very few people show there bad results. A quote, "These are all the good ones, no mention of the bad". Ed.

gosh babs
Hope the memories were good ones.
regards
jon

(Dec 13, 2013, 07:22)Barbara G. Wrote:  When I was working on my Radiology (x-ray) degree in 1990-1992, there was a tech who called me babs. That was funny to see you call me that jon - brought back some memories there! LOL

With the antics these little ones get up to it's easy to make the connection between them and their bigger cousins.

Take a bow, Fred & Ginger. These two are pets of a friend and get into 'everything'!!

Both taken using 'on camera flash' bounced but flagged to prevent (as far as possible) direct light falling on the subject. Camera set to manual, SB800 set to TTL.

I can imagine one saying to the other, "what do you make of that nutter with the camera"!!

Some "engine", and, only seeing one cylinder.. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice additions to the thread! Thanks!

'Come on Mum, I want a drink' Smile

Techie Stuff.

F/8, 1/200th sec, 135mm, M/Mode - Pattern, Aperture Priority.

Wintering down for some Gloucestershire horses in the village of Eastington. Taken this morning.

Techie stuff.

Nikon D300, F/11, 640 sec, ISO 640, 70mm, Aperture Priority.

Hello Phil.

I'm not fond of the tight crop in #1, but #2 and #3 are very good - in each of those the horse almost seems to be peering out through my monitor screen in 3D!

Philip

(Dec 20, 2013, 07:59)MrB Wrote:  Hello Phil.

I'm not fond of the tight crop in #1, but #2 and #3 are very good - in each of those the horse almost seems to be peering out through my monitor screen in 3D!

Philip

Hi Philip,

I can see what you mean about the tight crop, retrospectively it is perhaps too tight. However, thank you for pointing it out. It was shot at 70mm with the horse no more than three or four feet in front of me. It didn't give me much room for additional distance as my heels were backing right up to the curb, with cars whizzing past about a foot from my backside, neither a comfortable feeling, nor a pretty sight. Undecided

As regards #2 & #3 I was very fortunate with the light. I'd wandered down to the village in the hope that something would crop up, and it transpired that the horses were out with their 'winter woolies' on.

Two out of three Phil, is a very good average! Ed.

Cheers Ed, I'd not thought of it in that light. Smile

Phil.

What do you think of this one? Taken at a farm just outside Huntley in Aberdeenshire this Highland Pony just ambled over to the edge of her field and almost dared me to take her picture. I know nothing about her, but she was the most gentle animal I have ever encountered. I've nicknamed this particular photograph Mable, for no other reason than she just struck me as being a 'Mable' Smile

Techie Stuff.

Nikon D300, F/7.1, 1/250th, ISO200, Exp Bias +0.3, 72mm M/Mode-Pattern, Aperture Priority.

(Dec 21, 2013, 15:04)Phil J Wrote:  What do you think of this one?

She is beautiful! And the photo is too. Not only because of the model, but you really managed to capture all the beauty of that stunning creature.

Adding one from my almost wild collection:

[Image: 10522618285_9dcc3fe290_c.jpg]

(Sony HX1, ISO400, F/4.5, 1/40 sec, 37mm)

(Dec 23, 2013, 04:16)Korry Wrote:  
(Dec 21, 2013, 15:04)Phil J Wrote:  What do you think of this one?

She is beautiful! And the photo is too. Not only because of the model, but you really managed to capture all the beauty of that stunning creature.

Adding one from my almost wild collection:

[Image: 10522618285_9dcc3fe290_c.jpg]

(Sony HX1, ISO400, F/4.5, 1/40 sec, 37mm)

Hello Korry,

Thank you for your generous comments. Most gratefully received.
If I may, I would like to describe your photograph above as being, 'a picture of Perfect Piece', because it sums up the little creature and the photograph perfectly, a picture being worth 'a thousand words'.

Best regards & Merry Christmas.

Phil.