Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Presentation?

Just registered on ClubSNAP after adam told me about it and saw a good tutorial on bordering and presentation etc and thought it would be insteresting to find out what you people think about simple bordering etc for presentation of pictures on websites etc.
here is the one I did, I think I will use tis as a basis to work on something a little bit different for my own =)
[Image: DSCF0199.jpg]

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Very Nice! Big Grin

Well done dewy and adam, for spotting that tutorial!

shuttertalk Wrote:Very Nice! Big Grin

Well done dewy and adam, for spotting that tutorial!
Adam told me about the site, and I spoted the tutorial, he may have seen it tho =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Oh, you got a link by the way? Big Grin

I think borders borders can be a nice way of presenting a photo - as long as it isn't overdone so that it detracts from the picture, or turns the image into a 'graphic . if you follow my drift.

The simple dropshadow with a white background looks good - just right.

Polly

yeah, or a simple one (plain (like white or black)) colour think border.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

I didn't folow it word for word but got the same result, here

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

I agree with Pol, (but then that's normal).

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:I agree with Pol, (but then that's normal).

Aye - there's nothing cuter than an obedient dog ....... LOL Big Grin

I'm not getting email notifications whent here's a reply to a thread. I only know if I look in and check all the latest posts and remember where I posted. Is it just me or is there a glitch?

Do I have to remember to check "subscribe to this topic" every time - or is there some automatic function to notify anyone who posted in the thread?

Polly

Well young Polster, I have the same problem. I'll ask ST.

BTW, have you seen that Jerry is here?

Smile

Cave canem

I received the email notification for your posting so maybe it's an erratic glitch?

Yes - I saw Jerry and replied to him. Great to see him here. eh Smile

i was also thinking that Don might be interested but I don't have an email addy for him. Whad'ya reckon? Do you have his email addy?

Pol

Who is Don?

I dont remember Don.

Who is he?

Don?

Don who?

Am I senile? (Probably).

Who said that?

I did.

Who are you?

Hello?

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Who is Don?

I dont remember Don.

Who is he?

Don?

Don who?

Am I senile? (Probably).

Who said that?

I did.

Who are you?

Hello?

Don Schaeffer - the Canadian street photographer who took all those amazing shots on the bus .. until he got apprehended by a supervisor and told to stop.

.. and I'm the only senile one around these parts. I qualify to apply for a free bus pass next month Sad ......... :x ........... Big Grin

Pol

Hey Polly... regarding the email notification - you don't receive notification by default - only if you deliberately subscribe to a specific topic. Big Grin

".. and I'm the only senile one around these parts."

Oh no you arent! Big Grin

Cave canem

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey Polly... regarding the email notification - you don't receive notification by default - only if you deliberately subscribe to a specific topic. Big Grin

Aye, I thought that might be where I was going wrong. I'm getting email notifications now Smile

Would it be possible for you to leave the "subscribe" box checked by default? Would that ensure anyone who posted would be subscribing to the thread by default .... then they could unsub via the email notification if they wished?

It's easy to forget to tick the box when yer a bit senile like me and Rufus Sad Big Grin

Polly

Who said that?

Hello?

Rolleyes

Cave canem

Polly Wrote:
shuttertalk Wrote:Hey Polly... regarding the email notification - you don't receive notification by default - only if you deliberately subscribe to a specific topic. Big Grin

Aye, I thought that might be where I was going wrong. I'm getting email notifications now Smile

Would it be possible for you to leave the "subscribe" box checked by default? Would that ensure anyone who posted would be subscribing to the thread by default .... then they could unsub via the email notification if they wished?

It's easy to forget to tick the box when yer a bit senile like me and Rufus Sad Big Grin

Polly

Hi ST, I'm part of a couple of forums and sometimes it's hard to keep up with all my posts...having a default email sent to you would be great! That way you can keep in touch when you're not actually in the forums...

Big Grin

Mr.Gadget Australia
www.mrgadget.com.au
Home of quality PC Gadget and Memory Cards!

Ok dudes... can be done... i'm just a bit afraid that the board will start spamming everyone... Big Grin

I'll let you know how I go.

Ok everyone, I've made the changes, so the subscription option is checked by default, and you'll be automatically subscribed to a topic when you post/reply to it.

You may have to go back and manually subscribe to those which you posted earlier.

Hope you like it! Big Grin

Ok!

Cave canem