Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Printing

Hi folks,
Can anybody help. My laptop[ will not recognise my Fuji 8gb HD card, I can only get a response if I plug in the USB cord direct from camera to laptop, inserting the card in the slot or using a card reader does nothing.
My laptop will not connect wirelessly with my printer when trying to print off my pics, although the connection is fine if I print text docs( ie emails) etc.
The equipment concerned is a Canon EOS 600d, a Toshiba laptop and Brother DCP-J315W printer.
Help

K9 Colin[/size][/font]

The cards from my canon read just fine on my Toshiba. Maybe your drivers are shot.

Welcome to the forums K9 Colin! I also wonder if your software and so on is up to date. Glad you are here with us!

Also, have you loaded your software for you camera and printer on to your computer? Just curious - some will automatically load software and others you have to load it yourself on the computer. I am not really familiar with the laptop and equipment you are using, so I may be way off base here.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Sep 30, 2013, 06:48)Formerbob Wrote:  The cards from my canon read just fine on my Toshiba. Maybe your drivers are shot.
#
Cheers Mate will try that

K9 Colin

(Sep 30, 2013, 07:17)Barbara G. Wrote:  Welcome to the forums K9 Colin! I also wonder if your software and so on is up to date. Glad you are here with us!

Also, have you loaded your software for you camera and printer on to your computer? Just curious - some will automatically load software and others you have to load it yourself on the computer. I am not really familiar with the laptop and equipment you are using, so I may be way off base here.

Ok Barbara G
Will try that although as a complete Neanderthal regarding computers and digital photography, I may have to consult my six month old grandchild!!!!!
Thanks

K9 Colin

It is amazing sometimes that our kids know more than we do about computers. I recently upgraded to a windows 8 operating system and have had to holler help many a times for them! :0)

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

HI folks,
reference my previous queries, ie unable to download to my laptop and unable connect wirelessly with my printer. Thanks to. the two members who replied; unfortunately reinstalling the drivers didn't work. However I have managed to overcome both problems after a fashion. I bought a new card reader, and this works a treat! so bye bye to the old one. I have managed to connect to the printer by downloading Picasa 3, and for some reason this also works a treat, why, is another matter but it does. Thanks again:

K9colin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Robert
Oct 8, 2014, 13:06