Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Public vs. Catholic/Christian School

Greetings all!

I'd appreciate any opinions on this situation.

Our older daughter (age 5) is set to begin kindergarten in a couple of weeks, and we had enrolled her in the local public elementary school. Previously she had attended pre-school at our Lutheran church.

Though our county school system is ranked among the top public systems in the US, we recently learned of some social and educational problems at this particular school. As such, we decided to move her to a newly-built Catholic school and received word of her acceptance last night. (The school does an in-depth job of screening applicants, even at the kindergarten level.)

Though it will cost quite a bit of money to send her to this school, we believe she will receive a better education and be in a more nurturing environment than if she had gone to the public school. The class sizes are smaller by half, and our understanding is that the parents are quite involved with the educational process.

As I'm not at all familiar with Catholic or Christian elementary schools (having gone to public schools myself, way back when ...), I'm looking for opinions as to the quality of education one receives, and any other benefits to which we can look forward or concerns of which we should be aware.

Thanks in advance for any insights you can offer.

Messages In This Thread
Public vs. Catholic/Christian School - by slejhamer - Aug 25, 2004, 09:17
Public vs. Catholic/Christian School - by Rufus - Aug 25, 2004, 10:37
Public vs. Catholic/Christian School - by Rufus - Aug 25, 2004, 10:59
Public vs. Catholic/Christian School - by zedlav - Aug 26, 2004, 00:25

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma
May 2, 2007, 01:21
Last Post by Petographer
Oct 4, 2005, 19:52