Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Published...almost

I dont think I have shown this image here yet:

[Image: IMGP7909orton.jpg]

I really like this image but mainly because it is my son and I didn't think other people would see it the same way.
Anyway... I submitted it to Australian Digital Photo of the Day and was surprised when it was chosen for photo of the day.
I was then totally shocked when it was later picked as Photo of the Month AND Member Choice which will be published in 'Camera' Magazine...

www.potd.com.au/adpotdWINNERS.shtml

This is my first photo published anywhere so I am quite keen to get my hands on a copy. My son is just as keen.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Congratulations Shane!!! Smile
That is great news...
And your picture is beautiful, really very well deserved to be published.
I am very happy for you and your son.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Congratulations, Smarti, and that's a fantastic photo. I'm not at all surprised by its success. You and your son should both be really proud of it.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Congratulations.

Great photo and success story!

Beautiful shot, you and your son should be proud Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Very impressive photo. Congratulations!!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Lovely photo with a nice light. A boy and his favourite storybook. Well deserved.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Congrats Shane!! Your work deserves all the credit and more!! Big Grin

I love this picture Shane - you should be rightly very proud of it.

Canon stuff.

Congrats , your photo is great . i know you and your son will charish that magazine for life .

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

congrats on your win Shane, well deserved

just checked the site this morning and see you have picked up another POTD well done!!!

Russt Wrote:congrats on your win Shane, well deserved

just checked the site this morning and see you have picked up another POTD well done!!!
Cheers I hadn't seen that yet. Again I'm surprised at the choice. This one is far from my usual style of images (I think)...I took so many photos on Kangaroo Island I forced myself to try a few different things from my norm..

[Image: IMGP9873edit.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Apr 29, 2019, 17:39