Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question

can anyone tell if a lee big stopper will fit a cokin p filter holder

(Aug 20, 2015, 02:39)terry holttum Wrote:  can anyone tell if a lee big stopper will fit a cokin p filter holder

the cokin p filter holder is too small for a 100x100 mm filter. i don't think the big stopper comes any smaller than the 100x100 mm size unless they've changed since i bought mine a few years ago. you'll need to get the more expensive cokin z series holder, that holds 100 mm wide filters. alternatively you could spend more and buy the better quality lee filter holder. if you're not using it everyday though the cokin z filter holder should be fine.

you'll also need a different size ring for each filter size your lens collection uses. i wouldn't recommend using stepping rings with the cokin z, they tend to stick together.

Hello! Welcome to the photography forums!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Welcome to Shuttertalk! I'll echo Beth's comments on step down rings, not a great solution.

Hi Terry, and welcome to the forum.

I would also urge caution on the subject of 'step-up - step-down' rings as they can prove to be problematic. Some many years ago I settled on the 'Hoyarex' system (by Hoya !!) now no longer produced unfortunately. It is proving somewhat troublesome in obtaining the original attachment rings for this system, but, I'd rather put up with the inconvenience than use rings which might make a mess of my lenses. Of course you could always resort to the use of good quality 'Gaffa-tape', but would then experience the hassle of cleaning the residue of the adhesive after use.

Anyway, best of luck in finding a solution. Please let us know how you resolve this problem, as it's always useful for others on here to also know.

Best regards.

Phil.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by derbyshirephoto
Oct 24, 2015, 06:23
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 17, 2015, 11:41