Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RCRV3s

Once again, for any Pentaxians out there, thought I'd just mention I bought some rechargeable CRV3s for my *istD last week. So far, so good....they seem to be lasting longer than my NiMh rechargeables and no problems with the camera despite them being a bit over-voltage. Best thing about them (and my reason for buying), is that they keep their charge longer than the NiMhs when just sitting. Worst thing is the camera takes 2 and the charger only does one at a time,so I need to buy another charger and 2 more batteries to be fully set up, and they're not cheap! The NiMhs will then be kept for the flashgun.

--NN

So how much longer do they last compared to the NiMh ones (I'm assuming you're talking about AA's)?

Maybe it's more cost effective to carry a bunch of NiMh's that you can share between your camera and flashgun? :/

Hey NN,

I have 2 lots of rechargeable AAs which I keep topped up and use as my main batteries. I have a set of CRV3s hanging around if I need to use them. So far the current CRV3s have lasted well over 6 months. I am using Energizer 2500mAh rechargeables.

The NiMh keeping a charge isn't a problem if you shoot lots! Big Grin

Muzza

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." -Anonymous