Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radioactive!

I've been in a bit of a rut of late, and struggled to find inspiration for photos to enter in my camera clubs monthly competitions.

Was looking for something to enter in pictorial division, which is open to anything and came up with this. Started out as low lying clouds shot of my front porch!

Threw it in and hoped the judge didn't hate it, was either going to be a winner or a bust, don't see any middle-ground LOL.

5DIII. 150mm, f/2.8, ISO 400, 3 shots with varying shutter speeds combined.
[Image: 33944012422_e8d50aa47c_b.jpg]

Be interested to see what they say. It's one of those images that the more you look at it, the more you see. But must admit I've never been one for the abstract, the surreal, the modern. Let us know how you get on.

Re. the rut. Yes, me too. I'm searching (and failing to find) a way forward at the moment.

Derek

So it's now been judged twice by two different judges, at my local club and then one that encompasses 10 clubs from Central California. Once judge was a retired 40+ year photography teacher, the other a professional Photographer that mostly does commercial work.

The pro like the texture and tones, didn't like the concept and gave it a 7 (lowest score he gave any of the images that night). The teacher loved the creative elements, tones etc and gave it the maximum score.

So I guess my gut was right, they are going to love it or hate it, no middle ground LOL.

I stared for 5 minutes at this picture and finally saw something....I see a jewish star!
What do you guys see? I'm not high , i promise!
Regards, Robert

I hadn't seen a star, but I do now.