Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ragley Part 1- Terriers

As I expect youve gathered from R we were at Ragley Game Fair on Sunday. Looking through my shots I don't think I've got any good ones, but quite a lot of "almosts" that qualify as snapshots. So I've put a few together here from the finals of the working terriers show. Not much done to them (didn't even manage to resize them to match!).More "nearly made its" from other parts of the fair may follow Smile

[Image: Terriers%201.jpg]

[Image: Terriers%202.jpg]

Jan

AAaarrooo!!!! Big Grin

Cave canem

You did a very nice work here NN. You got very close to them and you are at the same level... the background is great Smile This is something I have never been to... it must be very interesting... I didn't know there were so many so different from the same breed... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Fantastic work!!

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Thanks Irma Smile They were all taken with my "new" Sigma 400mm lens which is how I appear to be so close to them....I took them lying on my stomach on the grass. It was hard to hand-hold such a long lens and it's manual focus only so as the dogs were moving it was hard to get any sharp shots of them. Theses are the best of aout 40 shots - most of the others are horribly out of focus!

These are just a few of the different Terrier varieties on show there. In working terrier circles there are many different varieties with only small differences between them. Most aren't recognised in the dog-showing world generally and are not recognised as separate breeds by the Kennel Club. They're all great ittle characters though and it was fun to watch them.

Jan

Great shootin' NN. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Lovely! Fresh and fun.. that Sigma seems to be just the right length to catch each of the little snappers' personality, and, mate, does much to convey enjoyment too. Yep, very warming!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Lovely shots, NN! I like the low to the grass perspective you've used for some of them...

aww, they're so sweet...looks like a fun day Smile

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 22, 2017, 01:12
Last Post by EdMak
Aug 16, 2013, 10:51
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 14, 2013, 07:47