Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Red-legged Partridge

Alectoris rufa - A game bird usually seen in the field and woodland edges but this one ventured onto derelict land close to my home.

[Image: Red-leggedPartridge.jpg]

Model: NIKON D300
ExposureTime: 1/2000"
Aperture: F7.1
MeteringMode: Multi-segment
Flash: No Flash
ISO: 400
FocalLength: 300.0 mm

Peter

Photography is a never-ending journey

Super capture Peter. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jan 11, 2015, 05:34)EdMak Wrote:  Super capture Peter. Ed.

Thanks Ed - are you out with the camera at all these days?

Peter

It is a nice capture and composition, Peter, but this one doesn't seem to have quite the same clarity of detail as do most of your natural history photos. The image is obviously cropped (to almost square format), but is it a small crop from the original camera image?

Cheers.
Philip

(Jan 11, 2015, 06:42)MrB Wrote:  It is a nice capture and composition, Peter, but this one doesn't seem to have quite the same clarity of detail as do most of your natural history photos. The image is obviously cropped (to almost square format), but is it a small crop from the original camera image?

Cheers.
Philip

As you remark Philip. Unfortunately if i were to post only my best images my archives would soon be depleted.
I will offer it up on the appropriate critique board for comments.

Peter

Thanks Ed - are you out with the camera at all these days?

Peter.

Answer, no.

Old age, 80 last month, bad back,wear and tear, curtails my movements a bit.
Standing for more than a few minutes is a bit painful, as is walking after 10/15Mts. I am fine sitting!
A good friend, and great photographer, goes everywhere, normally asks me if I want to go, but it's unrealistic to say yes.
Trying a walking stick, may help a bit, a monopod to hold onto may help, so?
Gave up on painkillers, the one's that half work, side effects!
Really only drive by necessity, but my eye consultant, seems to want field tests, twice a year, when I visit him.
However, there are a lot, lot, worse off than me!!!

Regards. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jan 11, 2015, 15:51)EdMak Wrote:  Thanks Ed - are you out with the camera at all these days?

Peter.

Answer, no.

Old age, 80 last month, bad back,wear and tear, curtails my movements a bit.
Standing for more than a few minutes is a bit painful, as is walking after 10/15Mts. I am fine sitting!
A good friend, and great photographer, goes everywhere, normally asks me if I want to go, but it's unrealistic to say yes.
Trying a walking stick, may help a bit, a monopod to hold onto may help, so?
Gave up on painkillers, the one's that half work, side effects!
Really only drive by necessity, but my eye consultant, seems to want field tests, twice a year, when I visit him.
However, there are a lot, lot, worse off than me!!!

Regards. Ed.

I understand Ed.

Peter