Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Returns

I would like to know if anyone has successfully returned any equipment before after buying it . If you were not happy with the lens once you purchased. Not defective or broken, but just wrong type or not happy with quality of image or features.

Do camera stores usually give you money back? Or exchange? How about restocking fee? Some websites say they have a 20% restocking fee under theyre terms and conditions.

I have, frequently.

Between myself and my wife, we've returned:

Sigma 17 35
Tokina 24 200
Sigma 28 300
Canon 28 135

.................And lots more that NN will remember, no doubt. :/

Cave canem

The only others that spring to mind are:

Sigma 28-200
Sigmas 15-30
Pentax FAJ 18-35

Hey Chomp. Some shops may offer a credit note - i.e. you have to buy something else from them. But only after a certain period. Teds here in Melbourne have a 30 day period I think (although I've never tested this).

Hey Rufus / NN - did you just outright return it and get a refund? Or did you have to exchange it for something else?

Some were returned for refund, some swapped for something else. In the case of the only two I had problems with (the Pentax FAJ 18-35 and Sigma 28-200) they were returned for a full refund.
In the case of the lenses Rufus returned, most were exchanged for something else, though I do recall his being refunded fo rthe Tokina 24-200 and Sigma 15-30.

--NN