Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reverse Lens Mount

I just picked up a reverse lens mount adaptor from ebay, for $23 including shipping from China. In case anyone doesn't know what i'm talking about, it's an adapter to allow you to mount your lenses backwards for macro photography.

[Image: mount-maf-demo.jpg]

I haven't got it yet, so i'll update on how it goes, but if it saves me having to spend hundreds on a macro lens, great!

The only downside is that I can't set the apeture manually on my lenses, so I'll be restricted to shooting at minimum apeture (f 36). On the bright side that'll give me a nice depth of field! I'll just have to make sure i have plenty of light, and/or use a high ISO and a tripod where possible. But when you're in my position if you can do something on the cheap, you do it!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

My first macro photography was taken with a Raynox adapter for a fix lens in my panasonic.... I enjoyed so much my pictures with that adapter...

Good Luck with this reverse lens mount, I am sure you won't have any problems about light you always can shoot your macros with flash and you will have lovely detail...

Look forward to seeing your pictures ... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Okay, I finally got the thing. First impressions are that it works well, although it's really hard to focus through a little tiny viewfinder using nought but your eye. Anyway, here are some test shots i took, of one of my Canadian quarters. I just used my came-with-camera 18-70mm lens.

#1. 70mm
[Image: DSC04098.jpg]

#2. 50mm
[Image: DSC04099.jpg]

#3. 35mm
[Image: DSC04100.jpg]

#4. 18mm (at this focal length, focussing was Really hard as the slightest camera shake was really noticeable)
[Image: DSC04104.jpg]

My Flickr page

Man, I just can't get away from those darn Olympics in this town no matter how hard I try...

lol! poor toad.

My Flickr page

That's very impressive. I just tried in on some quarters that I have lying around -- biathlon and downhill skiing, Toad -- and you're way past a 1:1 reproduction ratio at 18mm.

Canadians are such chronic underachievers -- when we make something to celibrate our country hosting the olympics, we still only make it in Silver. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Lol!

My Flickr page

That is pretty cool , i have seen those mounts but never really looked at buyin one . Makes me think trice now LOL ..

......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Banded Drake Wrote:That is pretty cool , i have seen those mounts but never really looked at buyin one . Makes me think trice now LOL ..

......... Shawn
You wanting to get the droplets of blood at the ice rink.Tongue

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

O Canada la la la la la la

Wow 3 years away and they're already minting coins.

Hi StudioJ - good to see you back around Smile

Canon stuff.

NT73 Wrote:
Banded Drake Wrote:That is pretty cool , i have seen those mounts but never really looked at buyin one . Makes me think trice now LOL ..

......... Shawn
You wanting to get the droplets of blood at the ice rink.Tongue
LOL ! i always want a different angle and i think you might be onto something ....

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

These are really amazing macros, RP. I like very much all details you have here. Did you have to sharpen your pictures? They look really nice. I like the way you presented these test images....

About the focus... I know it is very difficult. I tried just few days ago with mi adapter and the 85mm.. and I just could do it with my tripod.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma. And no, the only PP i did with these photos was upping the brightness a bit and resizing.

My Flickr page

Hey that looks cool, and the results look excellent too!

I wonder what kind of stress it places on the front element of the lens though...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Oct 6, 2018, 04:55