Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ricoh GXR A12 Leica M-mount

The Ricoh GXR is a strange beast - it accepts interchangeable modules which contain the lens, sensor and image processing engine. With such a system, the engineers can build modules with sensors to match different lenses and in this case, a lens mount for a completely different system.

The A12 module features a APS-C sized sensor coupled to a Leica lens mount, which means you can mount any of your Leica M-mount lenses that you have lying around, and if a conversion adapter is used many more types of mounts as well.

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/rico...a_m-mount/

Interesting concept...

I've never quite understood the GRX concept; I look back at my older cameras with their small LCDs and dated power-management and wonder why I'd want to carry that forward to a new lens and sensor. But I know someone who has it, and likes it as a camera, and he's planning on buying the M-mount module for it. It's certainly an interesting idea, even if it may not be a good one. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Ricoh will think it has died and gone to Heaven if the buying public can be convinced to buy a new sensor with every lens.

Ricoh will think it has died and gone to Heaven if the buying public can be convinced to buy a Ricoh…

Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Ha ha, well said you two. I've always wondered who buys Ricohs...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by danmdan
Apr 3, 2015, 06:30