Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Samsung 32GB Solid State Hard Disk

Some news from the world of cool - "Samsung is first to announce a Flash storage device that aims to completely replace the traditional hard drive in some mass market mobile computers. The 32 GB solid state disk (SSD) drive comes in a 1.8" form factor and reads data at more than twice the speed of hard drives. Best of all: The SSD is promised to consume 95% less power than a hard drive."

"Pure performance is only half the story of a SSD; the drive's light weight (15g), noiseless operation and a reduced power consumption may be even more important in most mobile applications."

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/03/21/32gb_ssd_samsung/

Now, when will we see this technology built into digital cameras? I wouldn't mind 32GB of memory for those long photo shoots and camping trips.. Big Grin

If they can fit 30G and 60G into iPods (probably different tech though), surely they can fit it into a DSLR as well...

It will be interresting to see the different gadgets that make it into the market.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Quote:If they can fit 30G and 60G into iPods (probably different tech though), surely they can fit it into a DSLR as well...
i was wondering the same thing the other day, maybe in a couple of years it will be possible

I look back the first PC I bought years ago, 486SX25, 4Mb RAM, 240Meg HD. Don't you just love the advancements in technology?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Cool, now they've announced a 64 GB version! Big Grin
http://news.digitaltrends.com/article12556.html

Seriously, flash memory is becoming so cheap these days. I bought a 2GB sandisk today for $40 aussie...

Peted Wrote:I look back the first PC I bought years ago, 486SX25, 4Mb RAM, 240Meg HD. Don't you just love the advancements in technology?
4 MB wow, My first PC was 256 KB Big Grin What I could have done with 4MB then. Writing programs in M/C code in the vertical blank.
Mine was superior to the ZX Spectrum 16KB.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 9, 2015, 09:30
Last Post by Korry
Aug 27, 2013, 07:48