Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scanning Money

Hey did you know that some versions of Photoshop have in built detection to prevent you from either opening or printing files containing scanned images of money? I suppose it's to prevent people from easily counterfeiting money, but I found that pretty cool to know.

Anyway, check out this video tutorial from DekePod (via BoingBoing) that shows you a trick to open files containing images of money. Basically you open it with Adobe ImageReady, and then import it directly, and Photoshop implicitly trusts the content from ImageReady.

The video itself is pretty funny - all those images just crack me up. They do warn you though, there is a fine line between fair use of scanned images of money, and counterfeiting. So beware! Big Grin

What a coincidence. I was thinking of doing something a not long ago that required scanning coins. I know it's likely different than scanning bills on a legal note (pun intended Big Grin) but our Canadian coins have so many details I thought it might be an interesting thing to do.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

By the way, ever seen a $10,000 bill? How about a $100,000 one?

The three cent note is probably more my style.

http://www.bep.treas.gov/document.cfm/5/60/168

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by randybk
Feb 8, 2017, 21:27