Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scary - Bait and Switch!

Here's a scary story about a someone trying to buy a Canon 5D from bait and switch shop in NY... it has all the hallmarks of the usual lower-price than anywhere, pushing accessories, then going to the "out of stock" routine when accessories are not purchased. This one has a twist though - he published his story online, and was met with threats and verbal abuse from the seller... the outcome is great though. Must read!!

http://thomashawk.com/2005/11/priceritep...witch.html

One more reason to bookmark resellerratings.com...

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

hi

wooowww.... makes you think

i have seen a few people selling canon 1dsmk2 for just a few hundres in ebay. what a joke

buy cheap, get cheap products?

christian

Yeh, but those $100 1Ds II are either from Romania or China

woah! that was long Smile
he pwnd them

There's a number of shops like that that spring up overnight, and are reborn under a new name a few weeks later.

It's a bit ironic how in the article it says that the ratings on ebay tends to be a bit more reliable than those at pricegrabber etc...

I would have thought the other way round!

I think on ebay, feedback is definitely a good indicator. However, watch out for scams too, especially when they've taken over someone's account. I've seen some deals in the UK where they list not 1 but 2 items for some ridiculous price... I guess if it's too good to be true, then it probably is. Big Grin

hi

yes...to good to be true

then them why does the shops online allows this? are there way too many to track them? im sure just seen which ip address that they are ussing and blocking it will solve this?

Wow

Canon stuff.