Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shadows

Took this a few weeks ago while wandering the streets of Chichester, let me know what you think.

7Dii 24-105 f8.0 ISO 100 1/320

RAW to the core.

Great idea and well spotted, Eddy. I'd like to see just the shadow, and the rail, against the plain wall -i.e. without the near railings. But that doesn't detract from an excellent shot. Well done :-)

Well noted.

Looks like Rae Ling, the Chinese fence. Ed.

To each his own!

It is one of those interesting images that many of us would just walk by - well seen and captured.

I also like Derek's suggestion, and another might be to make this image just about intersecting lines and shapes, either by converting to mono or by cropping away the steps.

Cheers.
Philip

(Apr 15, 2017, 02:51)EdMak Wrote:  Well noted.

Looks like Rae Ling, the Chinese fence. Ed.

You are on good form today, Ed! Big Grin

Cheers.
Philip

(Apr 15, 2017, 05:10)MrB Wrote:  It is one of those interesting images that many of us would just walk by - well seen and captured.

I also like Derek's suggestion, and another might be to make this image just about intersecting lines and shapes, either by converting to mono or by cropping away the steps.

Cheers.
Philip
Thank you for the comments Gentlemen, so as suggested this is mono and cropped.

Cheers Pete

RAW to the core.

Improved, to me. Ed.

To each his own!

I like the depth with the layers the subjects, and then shadows create. I was going to suggest a crop before I had scrolled down far enough to see the cropped version. I might of tried a less severe crop by removing just enough from the bottom to eliminate the steps, but to have left the shadow on the wall.