Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Should I sell my 35mm SLR?

I started off my photographic endeavours with a Canon EOS 300 (Rebel 2000), and it served me well. The photos I took from it were great, and I still cherish them when I look back through the albums.

Since getitng my 2nd digital camera though (fFuji S5000), I have not picked up my EOS 300 at all. I thought that I would keep it just in case I would need to use it for special occasions, but frankly, I just take everything in digital now and print photo quality prints using my HP printer.

Should I keep it? For old time's sake? Just in case I get the itch to try a bit of film?

Sell it, if your sure your gonna be 100% digital.... If it's any help i bought a box of 8 rolls of Film in 2000... I Still have 4 of them and 3 rolls I gave to my mom.

You won't get much for it. It will seem like a crime. Why don't you give it to someone struggling to start a career? I gave my old Nikon (low end of course) SLR to a refugee who had been a photography enthusiast in his country of origin. It made me feel good.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Fantastic idea Don! Or perhaps donate it to an inner-city school with a photography program?
Pass the bug on!

Lars

** Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results **

Hm... I like it.... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 28, 2016, 09:17