Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShowTime!! My Next Art Show

[Image: ShowTime.jpg]

Congratulations Toad!

The best of luck to you and the other photographers. Smile

I will be looking forward to read your comments about the Preview Exhibition after April 29... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Good man; please let us know how it goes!
Is it difficult deciding what to include?

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Great stuff Rob! Looking forward to your thoughts on how things went.

Canon stuff.

Congrats Rob! Great news - wish I could attend... would be completely awesome.

Are the other photographers relatively well known?

This is a group of photographers that I have been working with for the last year or so. One of them is reasonably well known locally in another medium. All of us have had shows before.

This show will be quite different for me as I am not showing conventional photographs. Most of my pieces multi-layered and are printed on sheets of glass and mirror that I have assembled into glass sculptures. Each layer contains a piece of the image plus areas of transparency / reflectivity so that they look rather 3D (2 1/2 D would be more accurate). If you look at a piece from the front, the images appears to have actual depth due to the layers of image. I also have some western styled pieces printed on metal road sign blanks and partially destroyed by gunfire. In addition, I have a deck of cards that I am selling with images from each of us in the show.

The other photogs in the show are also experimenting with unique methodologies and presentations. So it should be interesting to see how the public reacts.

Thanks for your support.

That sounds amazing - really interesting presentation. I'd love to see the installation photos when you have them. Congratulations, and good luck!

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Agreed - sounds amazing... must see - please post pics when done. Big Grin

Thanks people - will do.

congratulations Rob. It looks wonderful.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don

Hope you get plenty of paying customers. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:Hope you get plenty of paying customers. Smile
I dream of the day when my hobby will pay for itself...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bcheary
Mar 28, 2015, 15:41
Last Post by nia
Sep 7, 2010, 09:21