Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Showcase Forums

I'll be creating more showcase forums, as it appears to be growing quite rapidly and one big one isn't very nice.

So, I'm proposing these categories. Objections, suggestions?

Nature and Landscapes
Animal and Wildlife
People and Portraits
Urban, Architecture and Technology

Argh, it's hard to think of ideas on a Friday afternoon! Smile

Thats a pretty good selection there ST, its not fair that you have to think on a Friday afternoon!

Seems rather good selction, you can allways add remove and change later =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Yeah, I've got to move 270+ topics into the appropriate forums though... best to get the forums right before I start... :o

How about a creation/edited forum, for modified pics/abstracts?

Ooooh, good idea... *tick*

Great idea to split the forum!

May I suggest a general forum for the pics that don't fit in the others?

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

how about...

Street photography (or would that considered urban?)
candids (or would that under people)
macro?

bus photographs Tongue

Big Grin

Landscapes
Nature and animals
People,street, and portrait
Buildings, architecture and things

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

1) People
2) Critters
3) Scapes (anything with a horizon...)
4) Art (digitally created/manipulated or straight from the cam...)
5) Fun Stuff (silly stuff, we take pictures of that don't fit elsewhere...)

my $0.02...

Edit: Oh, and <b>Bus Photography</b> just to keep Don busy.... Wink

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Any further advances on these? I've got some time this christmas break, so I might do some reorganising.

I'm also planning a site redesign (new template) and some tweaks here and there...

If you've got any suggestions to improve the site, please let me know -- now's the best time for me to implement them! Big Grin

I think the idea is a great one, but the amount of participation doesn't support it. I think the amount of images shared and commented on makes for one photo forum sufficient. I think dividing it into categories would cause some to be idle for periods without posts. Just an opinion though.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I agree with Petographer. However, in my case, I would like to have a place where I can post my pictures to be criticized. Sometimes, I really don't know where to place them, in fix me up, it is not right, because I don't want them to be fixed, in post-processing/image manipulation it doesn't fit, because sometimes they don't have any post-processing. I go some times to photo technique talk, but it is mainly talk about photo techniques.

I think a place where you can post your pictures to get some feedback, comments on what you should or shouldn't have done, and share links of tutorials, articles to better your pictures would be very nice. If there is already a place for this sort of comments, or you think it is fine to continue posting in photo technique talk please let me know...

Thanks Smile

BTW the actual design is very nice...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma, as long as I've been a member here feedback has always been given and accepted freely. You should continue to ask for feedback as you see fit no matter what forum you post in.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Irma... the place for post photos for critique is the Photo Showcase - so feel free to continue to do so.

The technique forums is for talking or asking about photography / post processing techniques.

As long as you're not too rigid about category violation.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Your about 18 months after the event Don.......

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...%20200.jpg
nature and land scapes......
i am new to this forum...
and totally new to this field too
but have beeen trying to learn since one year....
the pic was taken in sepia mode
anshuman sinha
mumbai/india

Street photograph wood be good.

Would it be possible to say you agree with someone else’s post without having to reply. Something like the “like” in Facebook. I quite often find myself agreeing with something another contributor has uploaded but don’t want to add yet another separate reply.

(Oct 6, 2013, 15:04)Dean Wrote:  Would it be possible to say you agree with someone else’s post without having to reply. Something like the “like” in Facebook. I quite often find myself agreeing with something another contributor has uploaded but don’t want to add yet another separate reply.

Since this forum was originally set up in MyBB software - there is not a way to use like buttons at this time. I did a search online and there appears to be a mod for it, so I will bring this up to the admin.

Thank you! Like buttons would be nice!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Oct 7, 2013, 06:33)Barbara G. Wrote:  
(Oct 6, 2013, 15:04)Dean Wrote:  Would it be possible to say you agree with someone else’s post without having to reply. Something like the “like” in Facebook. I quite often find myself agreeing with something another contributor has uploaded but don’t want to add yet another separate reply.

Since this forum was originally set up in MyBB software - there is not a way to use like buttons at this time. I did a search online and there appears to be a mod for it, so I will bring this up to the admin.

Thank you! Like buttons would be nice!
thanks Barbara.

(Nov 4, 2004, 23:30)shuttertalk Wrote:  I'll be creating more showcase forums, as it appears to be growing quite rapidly and one big one isn't very nice.

So, I'm proposing these categories. Objections, suggestions?

Nature and Landscapes
Animal and Wildlife
People and Portraits
Urban, Architecture and Technology

Argh, it's hard to think of ideas on a Friday afternoon! Smile

Thumbs up!

I will pass the info along Don and Dean.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I don`t see many pictures to do with sport, so maybe one for that!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jericho
Dec 7, 2009, 14:08
Last Post by shuttertalk
Dec 3, 2009, 04:00