• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest August 2014: Calmness & Serenity

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest August 2014: Calmness & Serenity

Category: Calmness & Serenity
Contest Begins: August 1st, 2014
Contest Ends: August 31st, 2014
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs showing scenes of calmness and serenity.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Bowden Loch 4 miles from where I live. Sony a290 18/200mm Tamron lens at 60mm. 125 @ F7.1 ISO 100, Landscape Mode. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Saw 2 gypsy horse drawn caravans on grass verge on outskirts of Stafford, uk. There were 2 guys sitting by fire and I just could not resist getting photo of them. It was a bit of a dreary day with small amount of breeze.
I took the photo at f6.3-iso 200-with a 24-70mm f2.8 lens.
I just loved the concentration and thought processes as they waited for the kettle to boil.
Named the photo 'Waiting for a brew'

Attached Files Image(s)

Photo 

This was taken on our Sunday photo shoot at Steed Lavender Farm in Sparta, Ontario. The dog loves to follow us around and it seems the lavender is doing its job!

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is good. Capture it!
Photo 

This was taken on our last Sunday shoot at the Fingal Wildlife Conservation Area, in Fingal, Ontario. I have been working on water droplets over the summer and I found this droplet on a blade of grass and took a close look. I managed to get a good DOF and fast enough shutter speed (as there was a very slight breeze). I was amazed at the detail that came through.

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is good. Capture it!

Dusk over Tobermory

How do I submit pics for comp?

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...-your-post

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...-To-A-Post

Welcome. Ed.

To each his own!

White noise soothes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Timeless

Parkland at Hughenden Manor, Buckinghamshire.
Pentax K-5 II, 40mm prime lens, f/8, 1/320s, ISO 200. Processed in PaintShop Pro X6.

Cheers.
Philip

Sony a290. Tamron 18/200mm @18mm 1/60th @ F11 ISO 100 Landscape Mode Edited in P/S. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Canon EOS 650D
Auto exposure
1/250 sec
f/5.6
Focal length 190.mm
ISO 200
Taken 19th June 2014 at 16:18:18 At Jersey Zoo

Attached Files Image(s)

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

Taken while walking along Bournemouth sea front.

[Image: 6c162108-d6c3-4de5-a719-20255e709246_zpsdfa82e68.jpg]

A morning walk along sea front in Clevedon, Somerset, England.
Used photoshop to turn into mono. Some use of curves and burning in for desired effect.

[Image: 06002d26-cc6c-4b2a-90b4-f3ca71ad920d_zps4b5ae0f3.jpg]

This was taken a few weeks ago at Stourhead National Trust site in Wiltshire. England. Taking out the colour, concentrated my mind on the silhouette of the plants against the calmness of the lake.

[Image: IMG_3223grassesampwatershuttertalk_zps0572675e.jpg]

Harbour nights

If you like it, shoot it!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/simon_rose/

Twins. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Whispers suffice.

Attached Files Image(s)

Twilight Years

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

Derwent Valley in Derbyshire

Scottish loch - Perthshire

Hi,
I am new on this Site, can you please advise me on how to post a picture for the competition on this Forum.
Many Thanks.[/b]

Still trying to post, hope this works.
`SERENE`
Taken near the Seaside Village of Dunure, Scotland on the 9th August 2014, weather was superb, i saw a person walking her dogs on the edge of the rocks who was in the perfect position in relation to the Sun to capture the rays of light!
Canon Eos T3i, Canon EF-18-15 lens, F/11.0. 1/320s, Iso.100, 0EV, 41.0mm.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Aug 2, 2014, 06:55)Barbara G. Wrote:  ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest August 2014: Calmness & Serenity

Category: Calmness & Serenity
Contest Begins: August 1st, 2014
Contest Ends: August 31st, 2014
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs showing scenes of calmness and serenity.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!
Picture taken on Redcar beach taken with my Nokia Lumia 3200 IOS 200