• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shuttertalk Digital Photography Contest December 2014: Your Best Photo

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest December 2014: Your Best Photo

Category: Your Best Photo
Contest Begins: December 1st, 2014
Contest Ends: December 31st, 2014
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs of some of your best photo shots.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

How do I upload photos on the forums?

Here are a few threads which should be helpful in uploading photos to the forums. Please feel free to send me a message if you need additional help.

How To Attach Multiple Photos

How To Attach Photos

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I'll get it started.

Appalachia Acoustics

Attached Files Image(s)

(Dec 2, 2014, 07:02)Barbara G. Wrote:  ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest December 2014: Your Best Photo

Category: Your Best Photo
Contest Begins: December 1st, 2014
Contest Ends: December 31st, 2014
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs of some of your best photo shots.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

How do I upload photos on the forums?

Here are a few threads which should be helpful in uploading photos to the forums. Please feel free to send me a message if you need additional help.

How To Attach Multiple Photos

How To Attach Photos

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Attached Files Image(s)

Watching an eagle soaring around an Appalachian ridge for a few minutes casts doubt on our self assessment as superior beings.

Attached Files Image(s)

I took this 2 weeks ago on a foggy morning in the car park at Chew Lakes, Somerset, England. Canon 70d, 15-85mm lens, f11, 1/250th.

[Image: tree4_zps711b596c.jpg]

Also Chew Lakes same time & settings.

[Image: IMG_0996trees6_zpsd64ab973.jpg]

Chew Lakes again, same spec.

[Image: IMG_1007fence1_zps26c973af.jpg]

Building with raw stone combines hard work and thoughtful work for an aesthetic result.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Malabar Tree Nymph takes a liking to persperation.
Shot on a Olympus C5050Z C2005 at a Norfolk wildlife park.

[Image: malabartreenymph.jpg]

Photography is a never-ending journey

British Robin - Erithracus rubecula
Taken at Sherwood forest, Nottinghamshire England.

[Image: Robin.jpg]

Home of Beatrix Potter purchased by her in 1905. The surrounding area gave her much inspiration for her books.
Taken on one of my many visits to nearby Ambleside in the Cumbrian Lake District.

[Image: HillTop2.jpg]

My first efforts ANYWHERE!!

Attached Files Image(s)

(Dec 24, 2014, 12:03)leskent Wrote:  My first efforts ANYWHERE!!

I know just how you are feeling! I posted my first photo a few months ago and it was a relief to find that everyone here is incredibly friendly and supportive. We're not allowed to comment on competition entries, but it's nice to see some monochrome. I know the location well.

(Dec 28, 2014, 11:41)RobS Wrote:  
(Dec 24, 2014, 12:03)leskent Wrote:  My first efforts ANYWHERE!!

I know just how you are feeling! I posted my first photo a few months ago and it was a relief to find that everyone here is incredibly friendly and supportive. We're not allowed to comment on competition entries, but it's nice to see some monochrome. I know the location well.

Thank you for the reassurance, I have never been a confident photographer preferring to keep my images to myself and as for the monochrome well sometimes an image has no interesting story to validate it but the Black and white just adds a certain something that I love.

Mistake,wrong part. Ed.

To each his own!

This photo was taken by myself in Italy.

Taken towards the end of October on a trip away.

Attached Files Image(s)

Taken on 26th November with my Canon EOS 600D. f5.6, 1/80 sec, ISO 100, 18mm focal length

Attached Files Image(s)

Taken on 27th December with my Canon EOS 600D, f11, 1/200 sec, ISO 400, 55mm

The last one was taken on 27th December at f11, 1/200 sec ISO 400, 44mm

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you to each of you who enter the contest! There were some interesting photos entered for December!

Congrats to Plantsman on your submission in December's photo contest (post number 10)! Yours is chosen as the winner!

Thanks to each of your for participating! Be sure to enter January's contest!

We love to see your photos!!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!
Bug 

Congratulations Plantsman, what a beautiful photograph. Such detail in the feathers, you can almost touch the Robin. A very worthy winner Smile

Regards
Jane

Yes a worthy winner and very seasonal as well.

Regards.

Phil.

Thanks Jane and Phil.

Jane, your image post#17 in the most atmospheric waterscape I have yet seen.

Topper Peter, Well deserved. Was it's last name Hood. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jan 4, 2015, 06:41)EdMak Wrote:  Topper Peter, Well deserved. Was it's last name Hood. Cheers. Ed.

--------------------------------------------------
When he came to feed off my hand I did ask him that but he wouldn't say Big Grin

I never cease to be delighted at the bravery and featherweight of those lovely birds when winters scarcity of natural food tempts some to take seed and mealworm from the hand.

(Jan 4, 2015, 06:03)Plantsman Wrote:  Thanks Jane and Phil.

Jane, your image post#17 in the most atmospheric waterscape I have yet seen.

Thank you for your kind comment Smile
Regards
Jane