Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sigma 50-500mm Lense

Recently I've been looking at the Sigma 50-500 HSM OSD lense and have become confused with some of the pictures of these lenses... Some look to have a smooth finish to the body of the lense, others appear to be gritty and textured...

Can anyone advise me what that's all about, I much prefer the look of the smooth finish, it looks better quality.

Thanks in advance...

Are they all on the same site. Mail Sigma direct, and ask for confirmation, or, check with a Dealer. Ed.

To each his own!

I have a Sigma 50-500mm lens and it is really not black but a very very dark gray. The surface is smooth but the paint job looks like it has very fine sprinkles of a lighter color in it. Those would probably not show up in a photo. The whole lens looks very professional. It should be for the cost of the lens. IMO I don't think one should worry about how the lens looks. It is the glass inside the lens that makes or breaks the lens. I am pretty happy with mine. I did have an auto focus problem with it when it was new. I happened to purchase it from a local dealer who told me to bring it in. I did and we installed it on a brand new D7100 and it would not auto focus. It was sent back to Sigma under warranty and they fixed it the first time. It auto focuses just fine now. Otherwise, I have had no problem with the lens and it does take very nice pictures. Hope this helps and have a GREAT DAY! Jeff

Jeffrey Anderson

Very Timely!! Ed.

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2014/0...ry-photos/

To each his own!

(Aug 4, 2014, 15:03)MrBob6939 Wrote:  Recently I've been looking at the Sigma 50-500 HSM OSD lense and have become confused with some of the pictures of these lenses... Some look to have a smooth finish to the body of the lense, others appear to be gritty and textured...

Can anyone advise me what that's all about, I much prefer the look of the smooth finish, it looks better quality.

Thanks in advance...

I have had one for about 18 months it is black does have textured parts where you adjust the lens, I am more than satisfied with it and the pictures it helps me produce
MSC

(Aug 4, 2014, 15:03)MrBob6939 Wrote:  Recently I've been looking at the Sigma 50-500 HSM OSD lense and have become confused with some of the pictures of these lenses... Some look to have a smooth finish to the body of the lense, others appear to be gritty and textured...

Thanks in advance...

I have owned the Sigma 50-500mm lens now for just over four years. Overall I am very pleased with such as well as the images I have captured. Plain and simply at this point in time I still strongly feel that such is an excellent lens and well worth the purchase. [/size][size=medium]
(Aug 16, 2014, 10:33)Robert Wrote:  

Thanks in advance...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Oct 6, 2018, 04:55
Last Post by Casey1721
Aug 22, 2017, 02:17