Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sigma EF 500 DG ST Flash EO-ETTL

hi, anyone of you had a Sigma EF 500 DG ST Flash EO-ETTL? what are your experiences with this flash? have you heard of the promaster flash? any experience about this?

thanks
clarence

Canon Digital Rebel XT w/ Grip // Canon 17 - 40 L // Tamron 28 - 70 2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical [IF] // Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II // Canon Speedlite 580 EX// Sigma EF 500 DG Super EO-ETTL // Sandisk Ultra 512mb // Sandisk 512

I don't think I've had the pleasure of welcoming you to Shuttertalk. So, welcome! Big Grin Anyway, can't help much on the sigma. I have the 420ex.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

thanks for the welcome petographer!!!

Canon Digital Rebel XT w/ Grip // Canon 17 - 40 L // Tamron 28 - 70 2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical [IF] // Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II // Canon Speedlite 580 EX// Sigma EF 500 DG Super EO-ETTL // Sandisk Ultra 512mb // Sandisk 512

Hi Clengster Smile
I've got a Sigma EF-500 DG super,
I haven't experienced many other flashes - although a slight playing around with my friend's Canon 550EX, but just from feeling the 550EX, it feels more solid.
I guess they both do the same thing, but reading from comparisons between the two, I think some differences include: custom functions are available on the 550EX and not on the Sigma and that the Sigma only uses the centre focus point area for metering whereas the 550EX uses whichever is selected?

Check out this page:
http://photonotes.org/reviews/sigma-ef-500-super/

but I'm not sure between the similarities between the ST and the SUPER.

and welcome!!!!

I had the Sigma 500 DG Super flash in the past and used it with my old Minolta Dimage 7i camera. This flash had wireless capabilities and a very nice set of controls and features - so I guess I was pretty much happy with it. On paper the Sigma is almost identical to the "original" flashes from Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Olympus etc - but it also has lower build quality, lower power output in most cases and may lack a feature or two from the "original" flash.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Oct 6, 2018, 04:55