Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I won a contest :)

I entered to a contest in Flickr. A photographer in Flickr has opened a new group Catchy Colors, and she made a contest. The theme was Bell peppers, and they would judge creativity and color. The pictures would be judged by some other photgraphers memebers of that site.

I had two ideas, to make a paprika look like a bell and/or make something with lights and bokeh... The bell picture didn't work, but this one worked out nice. I liked the picture and submitted it. I didn't see anything similar and I thought I had no chance to win....Yesterday I had in my picture my lable that I had won the First prize in the Cathegory "Happy Couple".

Here is the link with all submitions, and here is the link with the winners pictures ...

I am very happy!! Smile

Paprika's party

[Image: P1110385paprikasparty.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Brilliant! Definitely festive!

wow! catchy colours indeed!

Congratulations Irma

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

WTG Irma. Big Grin

Way cool!
That is so imaginative, congratulations!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Great stuff Irma. Definitely worthy of first place. Whatcha get? Any prize? Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Super! Congrats on winning - you certainly deserved it with that shot! Big Grin

Thanks for your comments Smile I really wanted to share this with all of you, because I am very happy...

Colin, there wasn't any prize. It was just to get a 1st prize badge in your picture Smile

Paul Cezanne

Congratulations, Irma - you are on your way to the big time!!

Thanks Toad! Smile

Paul Cezanne

congrats Irma!! I really like the picture too nice colors..

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Congrats Irma,

checked out the others and I might be biased but the judges got it right........ Wink Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Feb 11, 2010, 07:42