Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Snow in Yorkshire

Saturday afternoon, I went to a football match in reasonable sunshine, 1/2 a mile from where this pic was taken. I live now about 4 mile from here and other than a light shower of rain, nothing overnight.

This is copied from Telegraph and Argus (Bradford )newspaper.
>    

Freak weather caused chaos in Bradford last night after sudden heavy rain and hailstorms led to flash flooding.

Firefighters were called to Oakroyd Terrace and Woodview, Manningham , where several inches of hail had fallen, forcing residents in about a dozen homes to evacuate.

Patson Jamu, 25, a resident in a basement flat, said he had to ‘swim’ through a window to escape after water gushed into the property.

He said: “I was asleep and the next thing I knew the house was flooded. The main door wouldn’t open so I had to swim through a window. I was scared, it just came from nowhere. All my stuff is ruined.” <

Strange weather indeed. Confused Temperatures of 23-26 are forecast for later this week. Should be nice for skiing. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post